Tikicat silver?

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone tryed tikicat silver? It apperently is targeted at super seinors and promotes muscle growth in elders. I saw a pouch at pet valu yesterday but oddly it isn't on their website. Amazon says its unavailable as well.

Is it discontued or something? It sounds like it might be helpful for Kabuto but if it isn't rilably going to be in stock I won't bother.

https://tikipets.com/product/tiki-c...mousse-shreds/senior-cat/chicken-for-seniors/

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I haven't tried it, but if I were going to I would compare it to the other Tiki Cat mousse products just to see the differences, if there are any. Tiki Cat has put out a whole series of mousse foods and from the ones I have tried, there are very little, if any, differences. I think their food is pretty good, but that doesn't mean they don't add series like these so they can appeal to a larger market for added profit, just like most companies do.

Last edited:

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I didn't have any luck getting either Nobel or Magnus to eat any Tikicat.

The silver has some differences in ingredients including green tea extract. Green tea extract has been shown to improve brain function in humans. I suppose that's the goal but caffeine can be toxic to cats in large doses and green tea extract has caffine.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Feeby has never much cared for Tiki Cat in general, including the mousse versions. She did like 2-3 of the non-fish-based pates, but they were apparently discontinued, or they added chunks of meat to them which is a definitive non-started with her.

It is interesting that the primary difference is the green tea extract being touted as helpful for muscle growth according to Tiki Cat. although I know of one of the joint supplements that add green tea extract too - Dasuquin to be exact.