Tift County Georgia/lil Dude's Foster Adventure

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please share if you can! This is a rural county in Georgia. I couldn't find the Facebook link. We have a fellow member who is unable to pull these moms & babies without more help, especially with food. I am happy to answer detailed questions via PM!
Screenshot_20180815-145323_Facebook.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Moms are caring for the babies and hopefully all will be adopted. The second choice to adoption is to become barn cats but the farm prefers to focus on elderly and special needs cats so the barn cats have basic needs met but not the cuddles, scritches and play that they deserve. I am all for ferals living as barn cats. I have a feral colony in my yard and while they enjoy watching me from afar, they socialize only with each other (they even meow and vocalize to each other, contrary to studies that I have read).

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am reaching out to others. You said Moms, plural are caring for the babies. More then one mother with litter? Multiple litters or just one? I am a distance from there and I cannot drive. I have many cats on premesis now. All being socialized for adoption but none will be leaving until Sept. Trying to find other help but may need more details. Is transport available? Has anyone else responded?

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird - thank you for reaching out! Even if someone cant foster, food and spay/neuter funds and supplies such as toys and blankets and formula are needed. As of Friday, there were 2 little families on the euth list but the shelter said the kitties would be safe until Monday at the end of the day. I am praying that there were no surrenders this weekend.
(I am suggesting formula because some of the moms have had 0 prenatal care; also, if there are rejects. We tried to find fosters for the pg cats but it didn't happen soon enough.)

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE! Both moms & litters will be picked up this afternoon :yess: The new foster will need assistance with food and supplies as she is still in school. I am praying that being in school, she will be able to network with friends and round up donations. If anyone can offer suggestions, please chime in :idea:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw pictures of the babies! They are already getting love! I hope everyone will be checking in on the new foster mom. Lil Dude Lil Dude is already working with getting them settled in. They are precious! I am so glad that this worked out! I know support would be helpful. I will help if I can and I hope others will too. You did great by starting this thread on TCS to save them. Today we can all celebrate these little furry lives! They will see the sunset tonight after all! :sunshine::redheartpump::clap2:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Note that this reminder is posted in all threads asking for donations and is not directed at any specific person.

From the Mods:
To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money.