throwing up on raw?

sweetthang07

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So today is day 5 of the new raw diet for my IBD cat plushy. So far it is not going well... the first day seemed to go alright, but he has been throwing up every day since. Usually once a day but it is very foul smelling... almost like feces. He throws up within a few hours of eating. So far I have tried turkey and duck and he throws up both. I feel terrible because I know he's gotta be so hungry. I just fed him some canned Natural Balance venison LID so he can get something down. What could be going wrong? I have fed nothing but the raw until just now. No problems with vomit in our other cat. Suggestions? I don't wanna give up but I know throwing up all the time can't be good for Plushy.

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of "raw" are you feeding? Is it a commercially-prepared diet, or fresh, whole meats and organs?

If it's commercially-prepared, I'd bet all six of my cats your poor baby's system - he's been through so much!! - is reacting to something in the mix.

AC

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetthang07

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, its prepared by me. I use whole ground carcass that I get from My Pet Carnivore. I mix 3lb of meat with 1c water, 2 fish oil capsules, 2000mg taurine and some vitamin E. Also some lite iodized salt. I got this recipe online at catinfo.org. I fed him half canned half raw today and that didn't seem to upset him. I hope it just has to do with too rapid of a change. I sorta just stopped canned and started raw in the same day so.... I have noticed that his coat looks nicer on the raw. I just hope it helps his insides as much as his outsides hehe.