Thoughts on Rad Cat

dianev66

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I finally transitioned my cat to Rad Cat and she loves it. Is anyone else feeding this exclusively?  After talking to many holistic food companies and finding out they are buying their pre-mix from China I switched her to Rad Cat and I am not feeding anything else.  Is this a good idea?

I love her so much I just want the very best for her.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! Welcome to TCS! YES - quite a few of us are feeding Rad Cat. Although, not exclusively. I think it is fine but I prefer to rotate brands of commercially made raw food. I think it is always good to rotate proteins and brands so the cat does not get fussy or stuck on one brand. Although, I will say, I think Rad Cat is one of the best raw commercially made diets on the market. I also feed Nature's Menu and Hare Today. Plus some Nature's Variety - only the Organic Chicken and Rabbit. I also add in some Stella and Chewey's freeze-dried raw. There is a great raw feeding resource thread that you might find very helpful as well. http://www.thecatsite.com/t/240809/raw-feeding-resource-thread

I will also have your thread moved to the raw feeding forum! Again, welcome, and I am sure other's will come along to offer more support and suggestions :) :wavey:

klag

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, not much to add that Feralvr didn't cover, so I'll just repost that.   Agree 100%.

Rad Cat is great stuff, prefer a rotation, etc etc. etc.  I even use the same brands, minus Nature's Menu.  But I do use more canned non-raw in my rotation.

Oh, and welcome!

:)
Hi! Welcome to TCS! YES - quite a few of us are feeding Rad Cat. Although, not exclusively. I think it is fine but I prefer to rotate brands of commercially made raw food. I think it is always good to rotate proteins and brands so the cat does not get fussy or stuck on one brand. Although, I will say, I think Rad Cat is one of the best raw commercially made diets on the market. I also feed Nature's Menu and Hare Today. Plus some Nature's Variety - only the Organic Chicken and Rabbit. I also add in some Stella and Chewey's freeze-dried raw. There is a great raw feeding resource thread that you might find very helpful as well. http://www.thecatsite.com/t/240809/raw-feeding-resource-thread
I will also have your thread moved to the raw feeding forum! Again, welcome, and I am sure other's will come along to offer more support and suggestions