this may help

mancsuk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
its been 3 months since i had to put my friend of 15 years to sleep its still hard and i still miss her everyday a friend sent me these words and they helped me a lot made me cry a lot also!!!thought i would share them with you

IF IT SHOULD BE

If it should be that i grow weak
and pain should keep me from my sleep
then you must do what must be done
for this last battle cant be won

you will be sad i understand
dont let your grief stay your hand
for this day more than all the rest
your love for me must stand the test

weve had so many happy years
what is to come can hold no fears
youd not want me to suffer so
the time has come to let me go

take me to where my needs theyll tend
and please stay with me until the end
hold me firm and speak to me
until my eyes no longer see

i know in time that you will see
the kindness that you do for me
although my tail its last has waved
from pain and suffering ive been saved

please do not grieve it must be you
who has this painful thing to do
weve been so close we two these years
dont let your heart hold back its tears

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's beautiful - thank you so much. It's been a while since I lost my sweet boy, Willy, but this made me think of him. I'm so sorry for your loss.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A lot of us hree have cried those bittersweet tears. I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing these words with us. How true they are.
May your memories bring you peace and comfort.

mlmcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a lovely verse. Thank you for sharing with us. It's especially timely since I just lost a tiny rescue boy last weekend. He was 6 months old - and weighed less than 2 lbs. Yet he had made tremendous progress - until literally overnight he lost the use of hind legs, bladder & bowels. Xrays showed 3 fused vertebrae from a genetic defect; he was rescued from a farm where careless inbreeding ran rampant, and many kittens were either feral or died. My "Little Roy" (and his companion "Siggy") had 4 months of love here, and when I knew he couldn't recover, I held him in my hands as he painlessly passed over the Rainbow Bridge. I treasure Siggy and all my other precious rescued babies more than ever now.

ginnyp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I also had to give up my little companion of almost 15 years 8 weeks ago, so this touched me deeply. I know how you feel, and how you miss her, as I still miss my Candy very much.

Thanks for sharing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mancsuk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
a whole year has passed by since pats went over the bridge and still i miss her but its true time does heal and it does get easier . Ive shed a few tears over the last couple of days remembering this time last year and that terrible moment when i knew i had to end her suffering, but i can now look at her pictures and remember all the good times we had the fun she gave me and the love, the time i came home form work when she was a kitten to find what devastation she had caused that day!! finding her all curled up asleep on the curtains that she had somehow manged to pull down from the window! the way she would always be at the door when i got home shouting for attention
ill always miss her but for anyone going through the loss right now please remember it will get easier.