This is Zoey

becca a robb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I am zoeys mom lol and i have had her for almost 2 years now and i have always wondered what kind of cat she is. so i got to looking on the web and i still have yet to figure it out so maybe this will help.

she is white and gray green eyes, big on sleeping lol looks like a kitten when she is playin. been told by alot of ppl she is the prettiest cat they have ever seen. I've always known that lol

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 She is really a beauty and I can see why she gets so many compliments!   

Her color is Blue and White Bicolor .   . 

Cats are not like dogs that are usually a breed or  mix of breeds.  There has been much less selective breeding of cats compared to dogs. 

Most cats are basically like dogs were thousands of years ago before people had started to selectively breed dogs for different kinds of jobs.    The vast majority of cats have just bred randomly on their own over the centuries and have a mix of ancestry from the general cat population in their area,  with few or no pedigreed ancestors.     The pedigreed cats are only about 3% of owned cats,  with all the breeds put together,  and most of them are neutered as kittens.     So when someone has a cat of unknown ancestry it usually is not a particular breed.  and we just call them Domestic Shorthairs and Domestic Longhairs... or "moggies" .  

but  i think you can certainly call Zoey a Maine Coon lookalike.   She looks like she probably has a sort of Coonie look,  and  probably she is like some of the foundation cats of that breed.    It's impossible to know if she might BE part MC or if she just turned out like that by chance.   That can happen since the MCs were originally from random-bred cats who had developed a certain type within their own rather isolated area   .   so sometimes it can happen that other cats could turn out similar without actually being related.  

She is a gorgeous cat! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

becca a robb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ty very much we love her dearly and now that i have a idea of what kind she could be i can look it up and help make sure she is getting what she needs. we dont want anything to happen to her she is my service cat and my rock lol id go crazy without her. so i will look up MC and see what else i can do for her. ty :) u have been a great help