This is my new years prayer for all no kill and other shelters

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
CNN) — Just two weeks ago, the Adams County, Pennsylvania, SPCA was near capacity as its kennels were filled with dogs needing homes. Now, for the first time in nearly 50 years, there are no dogs at the facility and the recent residents are spending the holidays with their new families.
“To say that we are beyond excited is an understatement! The staff and volunteers have worked VERY hard to take care of the animals in our care and to make sure they got adopted to the right home!” the animal shelter said in a post on Facebook Friday. “This is the first time in 47 YEARS that the Adams County SPCA is empty let alone at Christmas time, it is a true miracle!”

Last edited by a moderator:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's very nice to hear!

I know of some of the shelters that took a bit of a different approach - one I kind of have mixed emotions about. They were setting up temp foster situations for the holidays - to give dogs (mostly) a home to be in over the holidays, with the idea that they could be brought back to the shelter later. I am sure the hope was that once the pet was in a home the temp foster would decide to keep them. But, I am sure others will be taken back to the shelter once the holidays are over. Maybe It is a nice respite for those animals, but I am sure that some of them will not be happy about being returned. All in all, I hope it will give some of them a nice, even if brief, change of pace.