There's a cat outside......

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick came back to the bedroom and his face was white. He looked at me and kept saying, "Dear God, Oh my God, Dear God". I heard Amber hissing in the kitchen. And then I looked out back on the deck.

She looks so much like Bootser it's scary. Honest, she's the splitting image of Bootser....the way Bootser used to look when she was younger. A little fluffy girl. I think somebody either dumped her or put her outside. She wants in and she wants in big time. I put a saucer of dry food out on the deck and she scarfed it down and cried for more. I gave her more and she ate that, too. She's crying and she's walking around the house, trying to get in. Obviously, she was a house cat. I've never seen her before. 

But dear lord, she looks so much like our Bootser, I got tears in my eyes. Bootser died between Christmas and New Year last year. We had to put her down. Rick is so spooked he doesn't know what to think.

He has already said the cat is not coming into the house. He is serious. He won't let me go outside to her, he won't even let me touch her. We don't know her, she could have anything. I've called around to the neighbors and nobody has a clue (that they'll admit to, anyway). One person said, "Well, the cat knew who to go to" and started to laugh. But I cannot do this. Our cats started flipping out right away, hissing and spitting at each other and carrying on. I think it's called re-directed aggression? Something like that. It's not fair to our kids. And what if she's pregnant? I cannot do this. I cannot.

Mollipop and Muffin certainly don't need this either. It's almost two years since I brought Muffin home from my mother's and they still have trouble. They still hiss and growl and go at it.

But oh my dear lord, she looks like Bootser. I've got goosebumps.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh boy Pam!  Any chance she could have wandered from farther away and be lost?  Poor girl.  I'm glad you were able to give her a good meal!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I don't know. We have never seen her around at all. She was gone this morning.

If she comes back tonight, I'm going to put her in a carrier and take her to the vet. Flea, worming, blood work, and spay (if needed). Rick says she dare not come into the house (our cats last night were in quite the uproar), so I'll have to keep her outside, I guess.

Denice, she has no name. I refuse to name her.....I know what happens once a kitty has a name.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Pam, I know it's breaking your heart not to be able to touch her.  I hope for your sake, she doesn't come back.  Maybe she'll find her way back home if she has one.  Just hope she will be ok.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope the kitten finds it's way home.  If you end up taking the kitten to the vet I hope someone at their office adopts the baby.  One of my friends ended up with a free kitten when she was taking her cat the the vet for vaccines.  She started talking to someone in the waiting room and it turned out that the kitten was wondering the streets and followed him into his hotel.  He was in town and business and could not take the kitten.  He paid for the kitten to get all his vaccines and get fixed.  My friend took the kitten home after he was fixed.

My work is in the middle of a huge road construction zone  and one of the construction guys found kittens on their equipment.  He came in the store I work at looking for kitten food and a box to contain the kitten.  My store does not have pet carriers or kitten food.  I could not even go out to check on the kittens since we were short-staffed.  I was very happy when 2 of our customers adopted the kittens immediately.  One the customers was kind enough to call the store and leave her phone number in case anymore kittens turn up.  She told my co-worker that some of her friends and co-workers would take in any new kittens they found.  No more have been found since Tuesday morning.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
So far, she's not been back. My co-worker, Bob, said he'd take her if she did come back. He's down to one cat now (he used to have 3). He's been thinking about getting Jasper a playmate anyway and I think this little girl would be very, very cuddly and from what I saw last night, she'd make a very happy and content inside girl. I told him I'd split the vet bill with him, just so she has a home, but he said, no, if I can catch her (it shouldn't be hard to do) and get her in the carrier, he'll go with me to the vet and take care of the bill.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooh that's a load off your mind then!  Hopefully she either found her way home or she'll be back soon so she can go have a good life with Bob and Jasper!

kathyfromcanada

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

So far, she's not been back. My co-worker, Bob, said he'd take her if she did come back. He's down to one cat now (he used to have 3). He's been thinking about getting Jasper a playmate anyway and I think this little girl would be very, very cuddly and from what I saw last night, she'd make a very happy and content inside girl. I told him I'd split the vet bill with him, just so she has a home, but he said, no, if I can catch her (it shouldn't be hard to do) and get her in the carrier, he'll go with me to the vet and take care of the bill.
That's wonderful Pam. Bless you.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh Pam..
  I'm so glad you have a back-up plan or it would be unbearable if she comes back. 

It's funny, but I was woken up this morning my Nilah making the most incredible howling sound.. that big, round sound they make when there's something very disturbing going on.  I came out and she was under the blind staring out (big brave Sundar was just peeking through a tiny gap
)  Just outside, sitting on the table at their height, was a huge, very well fed ginger and white cat.  Just sitting there looking in. Obviously she belongs to someone around  here.  But it's quite a rare occurrence at my place.

Do let us know if your fluffy one reappears. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Any more sightings, Pam? I'm glad you have a plan. :) That must ease your mind a bit.