The SmartCatBox got used already!

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it clumps.

And, it flushes. I only do that with the one box I have upstairs. I don't trust my toilets to take it all all the time. But it flushes fine.

Robin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Queen Eva wants to eat the corn litter

Well..that's that, LOL. Guess I'll feed the birds with it, and try the clumping pine mixed with clay next.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Put some used litter on top of the corn litter, that way it smells like litter box. I had the same problem with a couple of mine and that always took care of it.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Put some used litter on top of the corn litter, that way it smells like litter box. I had the same problem with a couple of mine and that always took care of it.
Well...she ate it right after she peed in it. Not where she peed I mean, she hopped in and peed without noticing that there was something different added (a layer of clay first, then a layer of corn, then another layer of clay.

She peed her little pee, then turned to sniff it. When she started to scratch to bury, her little head did a double take (it was very funny, her face is so expressive) and she stuck her nose deep in the litter to smell it, pulled it out and then took some in her mouth. At that point I snatched her out.

Should have dumped the whole thing right then, but thought I'd give it a little more time... this morning I woke up to a ton of vomit down there, vomit containing cat litter

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, pooh!

Maybe you could try the corn litter in a year or two after Q.E. grows up a bit. Kitten behavior is not typical, you know.

I'll be interested to hear about your experiment with the pine clumping litter. I tried pine litter (non clumping) when it came out years ago. I found it very messy. But the clumping may not be.

Robin

eve fogler

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is anyone still using the SmartCat box? 

How is it working.

I'd like to try it, but would appreciate some advice.

Thanks!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave up on it, I had one cat who couldn't adjust to the safflower seed litter. I am now using Cat's Pride "Natural" unscented clumping litter and pre-formed made from paper liners in the regular plastic boxes.

PS Welcome to TCS! :wavey:

Last edited:

dreamraider

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wonder if this would be comparable in price to wood pellets.. I use wood pellets and it costs about 5 bucks a month (40lb bag per month) for my two cats.. I have a sifting box I made but it doesn't really work so it may as well be just sitting in a regular box.. if I had a sifter perhaps I would use half as much litter, im not sure. Anyone use both wood pellets and this and have a preference? My guys don't care what litter they use, they aren't picky. I am. lol