The Dog Who Rescued Cats

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone ever heard of Ginny, the 32-pound mutt who literally talked her daddy into rescuing unadoptable and disabled cats?

The story goes like this: A man who lost the use of his right arm in a job-related accident was talked into adopting a dog by his neighbor in the same apartment complex. Actually, the dog chose him, because he wanted a big boy, not a small girl. It was a match made in heaven: Ginny, who was lonely without a furry friend after she left the shelter, started to find disabled cats who were unlikely to be adopted or unadoptable for medical reasons and begged her daddy to take them home. She obviously has a special gift that cannot be scienfically explained.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Awesome! Treats for everyone!
Everyone who is still living. One cat had cancer and died after the author adopted her.

Of course, the most treats should go to Ginny. She is a true lifesaver for cats who had little or no chance of being adopted.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone ever heard of Ginny, the 32-pound mutt who literally talked her daddy into rescuing unadoptable and disabled cats?

The story goes like this: A man who lost the use of his right arm in a job-related accident was talked into adopting a dog by his neighbor in the same apartment complex. Actually, the dog chose him, because he wanted a big boy, not a small girl. It was a match made in heaven: Ginny, who was lonely without a furry friend after she left the shelter, started to find disabled cats who were unlikely to be adopted or unadoptable for medical reasons and begged her daddy to take them home. She obviously has a special gift that cannot be scienfically explained.
Hi Emily ~ Yes I've heard of this amazing pooch. Ginny's story became a book and translated into several different languages for worldwide animal-lovers. Ginny lives forever in the unending realm of love above us, what a great dog who loved cats. IIRC, the owner and Ginny were from my region.

Last edited:

lsurova

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My brother got a cat who was just trying to escape from a street dog. Later he brought her home, didnt know that she was pregnant.. later after few months, she gave birth to 4 kittens, all were gorgeous. They all found different homes as they were taken by friends and families.. the mother still lives with my brother .. I didnt know where to share it, I thought this category would be good, otherwise I apologize..Thanks