That one was close...

billie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Anne,
I've been wanting to tell you for a long time how much I really admire the way people of Israel have built their country out of the desert.
I admire your decision to stay there and think that the bond that exists between people of Israel and their country is really strong and might not be easily grasped by people.
Visiting Israel has always been one of my dreams so who knows - we might as well meet Anne - after all the distance is not so large!
Love you a lot!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thank you Billie! I'll be very happy to see you here!

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anne...I am still praying for your safety....how are you doing????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We're doing just great! Can't say the same for the area as a whole though
Still lots of trouble in the territories. I just pray this wouldn't get worse. My greatest fear is a real war when everyone's drafted and lots of people get hurt. I can't imagine what it will be like if hubby is posted away from home in the frontline (as he would be)... That is one of my greatest fears!

Major war broke in Israel when I was 1 year old (the 1973 war). I remember the stories of how I was taken by my mom to visit my dad where he was posted. It was very difficult for my mom to be alone with her baby and worry all the time about my dad... War is a terrible terrible thing and I hope that we never have a major war again!

But so far, it's okay! I'll be going to Tel Aviv tomorow and I won't lie and tell you I'm not a bit scared... I will be travelling from the very station where the explosion was and I bet that will be a bit scary. Well, nothing much to do about it - life must go on!

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anne, Please Be careful when going to Tel Aviv!
I hope you make it safely there!
Ok, not sure how that sounded?? You have such a positive attitude, and I must admit I admire you for that.
I think that if I lived in a country where they were constantly fighthing I don't know if I would have such a good outlook. But, like you said: life goes on!

I didn't know you were part Polish!! I am, too (not sure how much.....My grandmother was 50% and her mother and father were both 100% (either that, or it was one of her parents)!!

On a brighter side
, When do you find out if you are having a boy or a girl? And, what do you and your husband want?