TC Feline

thecatlady3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has anyone tried this product? Looking for any information. I want to feed my cats a raw diet but I am struggling a bit with getting started. I love my cats but I don't think I can commit to sourcing ingredients to make my own. Thanks for any help.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I do know there are people here who use it.  TC Feline seems like a very easy way to feed raw.  I use something similar...Alnutrin.  It may onlya be available in the U.S. and it doesn't have a formula that contains liver, which TC Feline has.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thecatlady3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
O
I do know there are people here who use it.  TC Feline seems like a very easy way to feed raw.  I use something similar...Alnutrin.  It may onlya be available in the U.S. and it doesn't have a formula that contains liver, which TC Feline has.
Ok thank you
I think they make a formula with liver and one without. Is there a preference for either?

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have access to fresh liver it is better to use that. Some people have a hard time sourcing liver though.

I used the TCFeline way back when I first starting making my own cat food. I didn't have any problems with it. One thing to consider is that TCFeline is more expensive than most pre-mixes largely because it uses MCHA as a calcium source. MCHA is freeze dried bone. In a cats natural diet calcium would come from bone so it is seen as a more natural calcium source. Freeze drying preserves almost all of the nutrients so is seen as better than something like bonemeal which undergoes nutrient damaging high heat.

Alnutrin uses eggshell as the calcium source. Eggshell is much cheaper than MCHA but doesn't contain all the nutrients that a product made from bone would have but it isn't known that that really matters. They are both fine as a calcium source there just may or may not be some value to using a bone based product.

I don't use a pre-mix anymore, I add my own supplements, but I still use MCHA as my calcium source.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

thecatlady3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you have access to fresh liver it is better to use that. Some people have a bad time sourcing liver though.

I used the TCFeline way back when I first starting making my own cat food. I didn't have any problems with it. One thing to consider is that TCFeline is more expensive than most pre-mixes largely because it uses MCHA as a calcium source. MCHA is freeze dried bone. In a cats natural diet calcium would come from bone so it is seen as a more natural calcium source. Freeze drying preserves almost all of the nutrients so is seen as better than something like bonemeal which undergoes nutrient damaging high heat.

Alnutrin uses eggshell as the calcium source. Eggshell is much cheaper than MCHA but doesn't contain all the nutrients that a product made from bone would have but it isn't known that that really matters. They are both fine as a calcium source there just may or may not be some value to using a bone based product.

I don't use a pre-mix anymore, I add my own supplements, but I still use MCHA as my calcium source.
Thank you!

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used TCFeline. It is very easy. They offer a trial size that makes enough food for about 2 weeks. This is a good way to test out if kitty will accept raw feeding without having to learn a lot.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I used TCFeline. It is very easy. They offer a trial size that makes enough food for about 2 weeks. This is a good way to test out if kitty will accept raw feeding without having to learn a lot.
I did the same.  My cats loved it!  They even opened a bag and drug it all over my kitchen.  So thecatlady3 beware, put the bag in the freezer door or something.

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quote:

I did the same.  My cats loved it!  They even opened a bag and drug it all over my kitchen.  So thecatlady3 beware, put the bag in the freezer door or something.
I've heard TCFeline called "kitty crack." But what is it that makes it so popular with the kitties?

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Quote:

I've heard TCFeline called "kitty crack." But what is it that makes it so popular with the kitties?
I was one of the people who dubbed it kitty crack!  I don't know why my cats went bonkers over it. Better In The Raw was cheaper so ultimately I used it longer, but my cats never went crazy for it like they did the TC Feline. 

citrineblue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We use it, we order from Nicole in Germany as we're in the UK. I have five cats and use the Basic so I add liver. They do love it but it is expensive. To cut costs I use also a supplement called Felini Complete (Zooplus), the quantities are 60g per kg TCFeline or 12.5g per Kg Felini Complete. So in effect I make two kg of meat with 60g TCFELINE and 12.5g Felini Complete and mix together. This way I get the taste, get the supplement and cut the cost.