Tasty Dry cat food

RowdysMom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I have four cats and the only wet food they don't throw up is the Lickable Treat Savory Broth with Chicken by Delectables.
that comes in a packet.
A long time ago, I started getting them the plastic container of Temptations and they loved it. The recipe must have changed, I'm guessing to cut cost, therefore cutting the taste as well.
Lately they have not been going near the Temptations so loving my cats the way I do, I did a taste test. Yes, that's right, I tasted it... yuk
I lined up Chicken, Salmon, Crab, Shrimp and Seafood Medley.
Every one of them taste the same just a different color and they all tasted like ground up bone and they all made my tongue numb.
The nastiest thing I've ever tasted.
Can someone please tell me a dry food that has a pleasant taste for cats. I honestly spend way too much money on their food but I thought because it was over the top expensive, it had to be good. NOT
I actually would like to find a less expensive broth style they would like. Chicken is the only flavor they do not throw up.

HELP Please

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. You might get a ton of suggestions, but the bottom line is that any or all of them may not work for your cats. The best you can hope to do is what most all of us have done/are doing, and buy, buy, buy different brands until you find one that 'clicks'. Yes, you can take suggestions you will receive here and try those first, but I highly recommend you start a chart of what you try, so you know what does and does not work as you go through the many, many options.

Not sure what you mean by "less expensive broth style" if you are looking for dry food. Maybe if you explain that, it will open the door to some suggestions as well.

Btw, the Lickable Treat Savory Broth with Chicken by Delectables is not even a complete cat food, it is considered a treat only. And I know - from experience - what you might think of the cat food flavors and what your cats think of them are not going to be the same.

Ivy204

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat likes Merrick dry food, I have not personally tasted it. Previously liked blue buffalo.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes temptations recently changed their formulas and also their catnip one is now only in a mixed bag with cheese ones 😠😠😠

My cats like the prescription dental from Royal Canin.
Purina Pro plan was a HIT here. (But has beef fat and Magnus is allergic). Magnus has not settled on a new dry food that he will eat regularly..

I haven't had a single cat like Wellness or Instinct dry food. Arcana recently changed and my cats won't touch it anymore.