Tasha is Sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about Tasha's relapse, Jenny. You must be worried sick. :cross: that there's a miracle for her and she manages to pull through.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I visited her this morning and she ate some chicken and drank some chicken stock. After a few hours on the drip she is more alert, but that is to be expected. Her gums are a better colour too. They would not let me take her out for a walk as it is very cold here today, but took her off the drip for half an hour so I could cuddle and play with her in the hallway. Better than nothing.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Jenny I'm so sorry about what you've been going through. :hugs: I'm hoping for a miracle for your girl. :vibes: :cross:

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to add more vibes today and just say that I am thinking of you.x
 xxx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has gone.

She went into convulsions today around 13.30, and the vet called me five minutes after I had already left to go see her. I arrived at 14.30 to see her in the cage but she was beyond knowing anything at that stage as they had given her a sedative to try and stop the fit, without success. So I agreed at once to PTS, there was nothing else to be done. The vet said afterwards that he had taken another blood test this morning and all the numbers were way up again despite the infusion, so he knew then there was no more hope. I will bury her tomorrow in the field where Lynda (Milkmaid) has several of her animals in a little pet cemetery. She and her husband Jan have very kindly agreed to that. That is the practical side. I will post a tribute in the bridge when I can bring myself to do it. I am not sure right now whether anger or grief is the main emotion I feel.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Jenny, I'm so, so sorry. RIP, beautiful girl. You're going to be missed so much.

I'll close this thread, but will reopen it to add a link once you've posted in Crossing The Bridge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.