SWOLLEN LIP AND GUMS! HELP

lulucatmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Around like two weeks ago my kitty luna started getting a swollen bottom lip, it did get worse but now it’s going down so i thought ok no problem. But recently i’ve noticed the corner of her mouth and inside by that corner is also inflamed/swollen and white.

I’ve now noticed some white dots on the inflamed area inside the mouth, but i can’t keep her still long enough to picture them!

We are taking her and our other kitty freddy to the vets on the 19th of feb to get them neutered so i’m thinking if it’s a big deal or worrying then the vets might say something when we pick them up after the surgery?

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lulucatmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
bit of a better picture of the inside, couldn’t get the flash to work🙄

Attachments

lulucatmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i keep remembering things to add, another thing! Non of these things bother her, if i touch them or put pressure on them for a long time it doesn’t seem to hurt her and i’d assume if it was that sensitive or bad she’d react in some way even in a small way but she doesn’t so she goes about her normal day with these things!

lulucatmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have no idea what this is! it doesn’t bother her when i touch it or put pressure on it, she also had a swollen bottom lip a few days ago that is slowly going down now .

I wasn’t too worried when i first saw this as we left the swollen lip alone hoping it would go down on its own and it has, so i thought the same would happen here but then this white dot appeared today !

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
There are a number of things that can cause a swollen lip, although some more than likely do not apply to your cat. We aren't vets, but I wonder if this is part of cat acne, although it does not look exactly like that or a granuloma. These can be allergic reactions to a number of things. If the swollen white part were to crater or become ulcerated, it could be another type of the same condition. Since you are taking them to be spayed and neutered, I assume they are very young which should also rule out a number of conditions like dental disease. I am also wondering about a bug bite of some kind.

If nothing gets worse and there is no discomfort, you are probably okay to wait until the appointment to show the vet. However, I would call their attention to it and ask for some treatment if necessary. Don't try to put anything on it yourself, especially on the mouth.

If you are getting them spayed and neutered at a place which only does that, they may or may not be helpful. If you don't have a vet, you might ask for the name of one locally. Someone should see this and determine what it is and what treatment it might need.