Sudden Urination. Help!

otarono

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our cat is social and pretty easy going. We travel a lot, so we always get someone to come check on her and socialize with her when we are away.

Well, we just moved (cross country) and then had to go on a week long trip, and were only able to find someone for two of those days. (Her food and water are automated so that was never a worry.) That is a potential stressor, but she's been so much happier since we got here because she can see outdoors, romp around, and there is more space - much better than the 3rd floor apartment we were in before, where she was very bored.

We got back and she was loving and very vocal, social as usual - her usual routine when we come back.

Well, this morning, the first day of being back, i noticed a pee smell coming from her *absolute favorite* toy, a Sainsbury bag. This thing has been like a safety blanket to her for 6 months now, but sure enough, even though it's off by itself and she knows where the litter box is (and uses it without problem) there was pee on the bag.

Well, I cleaned it up. It was a fluke, I thought.

Later, I had to give her a flea bath because she had some fleas, and she is allergic to them (just got out from allergy trials for it.) I give her flea baths by soaking a cloth in lukewarm water and rubbing her down with it until she's soaked, then shampoo and rinse it out.

She has never really had a problem with it and is very good about staying still while I do all of this.

This time, she was meowing plaintively and loudly, which is very unusual. This struck me as odd, and as I was rinsing her off, she just peed right there in front of me.

Now, this is the second time. I didn't see the first time, but two times is not likely coincidence. she's never had problems with peeing or anything like that before, and I have not noticed any other behavior out of the ordinary like lethargy or meowing in the litter box.

Help! Shes only about to turn 3, so she's not old and recently got a clean bill of health at the vet.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Even if she had a recent vet visit still could have come down with a Urinary Tract Infection. I would take her to the vet and have them check her out.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She has been through a whole bunch of changes in a pretty short time frame, even though she seems pretty adaptive. And, that might be the whole issue - and given more time to settle down it could all resolve itself. However, her more plaintive meowing - uncommon for her apparenly - would warrant a check up. Explain all this to the vet.

The peeing on her sanctuary bag is a call for help. If not health related, then for some solace needed for all of the changes she has endured lately.