Suckling damage?

abbeycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have just split my kittens into 3 and 1, because I found out Smudge has been suckling Kovu's genitals, I noticed they were sore and after feeding I put them in the box as usual but this time peeked through the lid and straightaway Smudge started. I repeated a few times (stopping the suckling each time) and it is always kovu, not the other 2.

His penis looks very sore and the whole thing, foreskin thing.. is larger than on the others and the skin is quite dry and hard. He is not peeing as much as usual and I am wondering what can I safely put on it to ease it?

Also is there anything I can give Smudge to suckle? Hhe has a hot water bottle but looks so small and lonely

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would hesitate to put anything on it at this point, rather wait it out and see if it gets better without the continued irritation. If this one ceases to output urine or if the urine is bloody or in some other way, not right when you stimulate, then take him in to be seen by your vet.

cookandcompany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok, This is not the same thing But kind of.. When we had our first litter of Golden retriever's, There was only one little boy, And the mother cleaned him so much that we had to have his genitals reconstructed, So, be so very careful, I would definatly see the vet if it doesn't start to heal. A little A&D ointment on it as well to help him be more comfortable urinating. Keep us updated! Best wishes your way...