Announcement Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I am so excited to finally announce our new site newsletter!
:jump::banana1::bunnydance:

You can now easily subscribe and unsubscribe to the TCS newsletter right here from the site! I created a quick tutorial on how to do just that -
Newsletter Subscription Tutorial

The short version is - visit this link :coolcat:

Why you should subscribe to the newsletter

The newsletter will go out every two weeks - hopefully weekly down the road - bringing you the following -
  • Exclusive cat care tips.
  • News about the latest articles on the site.
  • News about contests and giveaways.
Down the road we hope to be able to offer unique offers and coupons from our sponsors too! :cheerleader: To do that, we first need to have a robust mailing list with lots of subscribed cat lovers!

Will you be automatically subscribed?

No. I personally don't like being automatically subscribed to mailing lists just because I provided a website with my emails. I'm not going to do that to anyone else.

Which means you guys need to be active about it. It's only a couple of clicks though - so please go ahead and subscribe now!

We will be sending out a one-time email notification to active members who have posted in the site in the past year. That email will include an invitation to subscribe and will only be sent out once.

Already getting our newsletter?

We've had an ongoing newsletter in the past few years. Formerly known as Kitty Bytes, it was managed through a separate service and was used to send out monthly site updates. Some subscribers were site members, others were not.

We're retiring that mailing list entirely. The past couple of issues of that newsletter included a reminder about the change, suggesting that subscribers who are not yet forum members sign up for TCS so they can receive our new newsletter.

A final message will be going out soon to let subscribers know that they absolutely need to sign up through the site now.

What's next?

Visit your newsletter settings page right now and make sure you check the box to subscribe to the newsletter! Expect the first issue in your inbox in 2018!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, that was easy enough. I'm not quite sure why you thought it needed a tutorial, but :dunno: whatever you think, Anne Anne .

Thanks for the announcement.

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Well, that was easy enough. I'm not quite sure why you thought it needed a tutorial, but :dunno: whatever you think, Anne Anne .
Oh, I always try to add a short tutorial on any new feature. It helps direct new members to where they can find the answers to their questions.

Thanks for subscribing!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Just subscribed! I’m so excited for this! :bunnydance:

orlff

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm subscribed and am sooooo...... excited for the newsletter to arrive.