strays -not strays

Sorayachina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello i have a momma cat and kitten that i was feeding outside for months. we all became very attached. however, the momma cat now hisses at her make kitten since he’s about 4 months old. they both come up to my apartment intermittently and eat and get cuddles now. i want to take them both with me, but they can’t seem to live together. i love them both and don’t want to have to choose. the momma cat is more familiar with this territory and could maybe be outside. but it breaks my heart to think she’ll not be able to find me again. the baby i can pack and and bring and he will acclimate with much less trouble. but how do i bring both? do i really have to choose?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
If you get the mother spayed and the male kitten neutered now they will go back to being friendly with each other. Female cats try to drive their older kittens away when they are ready to mate and have another litter of kittens. Spaying and neutering gets rid of all those aggressive territorial hormones and they can live together peacefully.

I had a mother and daughter cat that stayed together until the mother died at 14 years of age.. They were very close once everyone had been fixed.