Stray Cat That Is Claustrophobic?

traveil

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Whenever she followed us indoors in one of our room and when we closed the door, she will meow non stop. Even if we did not close the door, she will meow too. I am not sure what's wrong with this cat, we did not lock her up at all. She is free to go wherever she wants. She's a stray which is residing below our office, we do let her in occasionally. Sometimes she will voluntarily walk upstairs herself and sleep/lie outside our door on the carpet. Her most quiet moments is when she's looking at the door, observing (thank god). Now as i type, she is inside our office (closed doors), she did meow a bit but stopped. I don't know if it's the timing or not but around this time she won't meow as much as other timing (lol). She's a timid cat but we aren't scaring her, we just would like to keep her indoors. Question is why is she always so stress? Solutions??

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Inside life is very different. Even though you have the doors open she still sees walls all around here. If she gets too far from the exit it may frighten her. You could try using some Feliway plug ins that might help her feel more comfortable. Yet in wide open spaces you often need more than one.

Have you take this stray to the vet? Is she spayed? If not you will find that she will have kittens and one cat will turn into dozens.

You can also try offering her special treats when she comes inside. It's a way of letting her know that good things happen when she comes inside.

Thank you for caring for her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

traveil

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not sure you do want an update, nowadays she is quite accustomed to be inside. She do know how to get indoors by herself, walk up the stairs, and into our room. Her daily routine consist of eating, scratching the boxes and if we have the time to play with her, we will get a stick to play with her. She do run around the room occasionally and it's enjoyable to have her around with us. After playing, she will sleep on the chair the whole day till she's hungry and she will wake up for food.

Yes, she is spayed as she has been ear tipped. I have found her age when i brought her to the vet, roughly 7 years old. I can't adopt her but while i'm here, i try to give her the best treatment. Time flies so fast, it has been a year since we have her here. :)