Strange spot on nose

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just thought it might be helpful if I show you the site I buy my Feliway from so you can see the names and information about them!

If you can't get it, I can always buy it through me if you'd like and I'll ship it to you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

Hmmm, I wonder if it would be better if the pill was crushed?! The only thing I can think is that he might refuse to eat the squeezy cheese as he can smell or taste the pill! As your present method is working, I think I would stick with that!

My RB cat, Disco, would find crushed pills even in a bowl of warm poached trout and eat any area without a sign of it!!
I should have stuck with what I was doing. Last night I decided I'd crush it. I mixed it in with the cheese and tried to get him to lick it off my finger. No go. So then I wiped it inside his mouth. My poor kitty started gagging and spit most of it up. I didn't try again last night, but I was able to pill him the old way this morning.
Originally Posted by Sar

Poor Tripod
- I can see the look on his face from your description!

It sounds like the lump may have been like a blind spot and the white top could be the puss coming up to the surface! I think it might heal better now that the puss is at the top, as it will be able to be removed!
When you press it, does it seem to hurt him at all? If so, this could be the pressure of the puss!
I haven't touched it at all. He gets so annoyed when I just look, I figured I'll let it do its thing for awhile before I start messing with it. From the looks of it though, I won't be suprised if it goes away on its own.

Originally Posted by Sar

Could you phone the PetSmart to see if they stock the spray? They might even be able to suggest somewhere else if they don't! Or have you tried online?

Oh dear, I just can't imagine what hurricane season must be like!
I've been in the beginnings of them in Florida and that was bad enough!! It was a good idea to keep them enclosed - they must have felt much safer! Poor Tripod though, sounds exactly what Molly would do!
I'll be near Petsmart Saturday anyways, so I'll check it out then. If they don't have it I found a catalog where I can order it.
During the hurricanes I don't think Tri felt much safer at all, but believe it or not, people were going in and out before it started and during the calm parts and there is no way I would take any chances. Even if they weren't going out, I couldn't let either of them loose in a strange place. They could hide in too many places. I did take Tri out and hold him for awhile. After Oliver got used to his surroundings he loved it. He walked around inside with his harness and leash and socialized with everyone. Too bad I can't do that with Tripod, but with a front leg missing, he can get out of the harness pretty easy.
Originally Posted by Sar

I don't know if you get these in the US, but when we have Bonfire Night and Chineese New Years, we can buy these anti anxiety drops and serum that I found to work really well!! I can't think of the name right now, but I could always send you some if you would like! They are both herbal and recommended by a UK animal behaviourist!

to you and Tripod!
Sar, you are such a sweetie.
If the Feliway doesn't work, I'll talk to you about the drops. Thank you so much! Lots of Hugs and smilies - I had more in my message, but I found out we are only allowed 10 per post.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

I should have stuck with what I was doing. Last night I decided I'd crush it. I mixed it in with the cheese and tried to get him to lick it off my finger. No go. So then I wiped it inside his mouth. My poor kitty started gagging and spit most of it up. I didn't try again last night, but I was able to pill him the old way this morning.
Oh dear!
It was worth a try though - it could have made things easier!! At least you managed to pill him the tried and tested way in the end!!

I haven't touched it at all. He gets so annoyed when I just look, I figured I'll let it do its thing for awhile before I start messing with it. From the looks of it though, I won't be suprised if it goes away on its own.
Good idea to let it do it's thing for a while!! I can imagine he must be pretty fed up of being investigated all the time, poor little mite!
I was thinking too that it might go away on it's own!! It really does sound like a pimple - by the way you describe the changes!! Plus, the antibiotics will help clear it up too!

I'll be near Petsmart Saturday anyways, so I'll check it out then. If they don't have it I found a catalog where I can order it.
During the hurricanes I don't think Tri felt much safer at all, but believe it or not, people were going in and out before it started and during the calm parts and there is no way I would take any chances. Even if they weren't going out, I couldn't let either of them loose in a strange place. They could hide in too many places. I did take Tri out and hold him for awhile. After Oliver got used to his surroundings he loved it. He walked around inside with his harness and leash and socialized with everyone. Too bad I can't do that with Tripod, but with a front leg missing, he can get out of the harness pretty easy.
Awww, that must be terrible for both you and your kitties - I just can't imagine at all!!
It was nice that Oliver could get used to it quite quickly, but such a shame that Tri was unable to have a wander and fel comfortable! Are there no tailor made harnesses or alterations you can do to keep Tri more secure in one?

I hope you don't mind me asking, but what happened to Tripod?

Sar, you are such a sweetie.
If the Feliway doesn't work, I'll talk to you about the drops. Thank you so much! Lots of Hugs and smilies - I had more in my message, but I found out we are only allowed 10 per post.
Definitely do let me know if the Feliway doesn't work! I can always send you the details of the drops, so you can see what you think anyway!! But I'm definitely here if you need anything!

Let me know how Tri is doing! Lots of
to you both! I had more hugs and smilies too, but had the same problem!! love to you all!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sar, thanks so much for hanging in there with me on this. I think I have great news. As of this morning I could hardly see anything wrong!!!!!!!! The white spot disappeared (or its now even smaller and too tiny for me to see). That side of his nose is just a little red - not even really red, just not as pale pink as the other side.

Originally Posted by Sar

I hope you don't mind me asking, but what happened to Tripod?
Of course I don't mind. Thanks for caring. Here's his story:
He was apparently born that way. He was found at my work when he was about 6-7 weeks old. He looked younger because he was starving.

It took 3 grown men to catch him! They put him in a box and brought him to my office. He was filthy and hissing and acting scared and viscious. I let him settle in for awhile before I offered him any food. He was ravenous and gobbled it down. Then I touched him. You wouldn't believe it. As soon as I laid my hand on him he started purring. My heart just melted!

I picked him up and then I noticed...the poor kitten only had 3 legs. I looked closer. His only front paw was too small and missing a finger. One back foot was small also, and twisted.
The other back foot was perfectly normal. The missing limb has a stump and there is a pad on it. Thats how I know that he was born that way.

Imagine someone abandoning a kitten like that???
I doubt that he was feral because he was so calm when I touched him.

The guys who chased and caught him didn't even know he was "special." I don't think Tripod knows there is anything "wrong" with him.

You know what? I have been thinking of a different type of harness for him. Do you think this would work? What if I take a doggy sweater and add a fastner on the back of the neck area to attach a leash? Do you think he could get out of that? I might have to give it a try if it doesn't freak him out.

Thanks for all your help!!!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is fantastic news!
I'm so pleased that Tri's spots are clearing up of their own accord! He's one strong kitty, who just wants to worry his meowmy and friends!!

Thank you so much for sharing Tripod's story with me!!
You are a wonderful person for being able to make him feel so comfortable so quickly!
That was such a truely heartwarming biography! I am so pleased that he found you! He really deserves the love of a wonderful meowmy!

Anyone that could abandon such a special and wonderful kitten is just disgusting!
But on the brighter side, you were brought into eachothers lives!

It's so lovely to hear that Tri doesn't know anything ins wrong with him and he seems to be great friends with Oliver which is even better!! I honestly don't think he could have found a more loving home!

The doggy sweater sounds like a good idea! You could also alter it so that he has extra attachments around his back legs (although, most doggy sweaters have this! But you could make them a little more sturdy!) It would be wonderful for both of you if you could come up with something to allow him to go for walks too!!

If you would like, I would love to help you to some up with something!! If you let me know how big Tri is, I'm sure one of my babies will be of a similar size and I can see if I can come up with something too!

I just can't express how pleased I am that Tripod found such a wonderful and loving home and that he's healing so well!!

....and please don't forget that you always have a friend in me!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

That is fantastic news!
I'm so pleased that Tri's spots are clearing up of their own accord! He's one strong kitty, who just wants to worry his meowmy and friends!!

Thank you so much for sharing Tripod's story with me!! You are a wonderful person for being able to make him feel so comfortable so quickly!
That was such a truely heartwarming biography! I am so pleased that he found you! He really deserves the love of a wonderful meowmy!

Anyone that could abandon such a special and wonderful kitten is just disgusting!
But on the brighter side, you were brought into eachothers lives!

It's so lovely to hear that Tri doesn't know anything ins wrong with him and he seems to be great friends with Oliver which is even better!! I honestly don't think he could have found a more loving home!

The doggy sweater sounds like a good idea! You could also alter it so that he has extra attachments around his back legs (although, most doggy sweaters have this! But you could make them a little more sturdy!) It would be wonderful for both of you if you could come up with something to allow him to go for walks too!!

If you would like, I would love to help you to some up with something!! If you let me know how big Tri is, I'm sure one of my babies will be of a similar size and I can see if I can come up with something too!
I just can't express how pleased I am that Tripod found such a wonderful and loving home and that he's healing so well!!

....and please don't forget that you always have a friend in me!
Thanks again, Sar, for all your help and kind words
. As far as Tripod finding a wonderful home, thanks, but he and Oliver are a huge part of what makes it that way! And yes, they are very good friends.

Tri is approx 11.5 pounds. The vet said he's not overweight, but I think he's getting close.
His neck is pretty large compared to Oliver. I haven't really looked at doggie sweaters in detail, but I'm glad you like the idea. I'd like to find something really durable, but lightweight. Maybe "sweaters" aren't really what I need, but some kind of "jumpsuit."
If Tri wears one during hurricane season, there is a good chance that he will be wearing it in the summer in Florida and if the electricity is out - no AC. Any ideas you have I'd really appreciate. My DF loves to sew, so he might be able to help too.

I'd really love to read about your kitties sometime!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You don't have to thank me!
As I;ve said, this is what friends are for!

How is Tri's nose now? Have the spots gone down even more?!

I bet Tripod and Oliver really do make your house a home!
It's wonderful that your two are such great friends, it must be so lovely for you all!

11.5 pounds is less than a stone - as far as my google search has told me! He's slightly lighter than my Tibby (so I definitely don't think that Tri could be overweight!
) I can have a go at fitting something to Tibby to see if I can get any ideas for Tripod's new harness!

A jumpsuit sounds like a good idea!! It sould have to be something made from cotton, so that it was cool enough for the Florida heat! Maybe strengthened with bands of car seatbelt material - that will also allow for adjustments!

That's excellent that your DF likes to sew too!! If I can come up with some ideas, I could send you the plans and you could set your DF to work!!

I would love to tell you about my kitties
Is there anything particular you'd like to know?!!

I have their picture thread which also links to Willow's arrival!
But I'd be more than happy to tell you all about my cheeky kitties!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

You don't have to thank me!
As I;ve said, this is what friends are for!

How is Tri's nose now? Have the spots gone down even more?!

I bet Tripod and Oliver really do make your house a home!
It's wonderful that your two are such great friends, it must be so lovely for you all!

11.5 pounds is less than a stone - as far as my google search has told me! He's slightly lighter than my Tibby (so I definitely don't think that Tri could be overweight! ) I can have a go at fitting something to Tibby to see if I can get any ideas for Tripod's new harness!

A jumpsuit sounds like a good idea!! It sould have to be something made from cotton, so that it was cool enough for the Florida heat! Maybe strengthened with bands of car seatbelt material - that will also allow for adjustments!

That's excellent that your DF likes to sew too!! If I can come up with some ideas, I could send you the plans and you could set your DF to work!!
Tibby looks very healthy and not overweight at all! I would really love it if you came up with some plans, but please don't go through a lot of trouble! Hmmm... Sar Designs - for special felines.

Originally Posted by Sar

I would love to tell you about my kitties
Is there anything particular you'd like to know?!!

I have their picture thread which also links to Willow's arrival!
But I'd be more than happy to tell you all about my cheeky kitties!
That is an excellent thread. I can tell they are all loved very much and well taken care of. Who is the alpha cat? What are their ages? Where did they come from? Likes and dislikes?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

I think I have great news. As of this morning I could hardly see anything wrong!!!!!!!! The white spot disappeared (or its now even smaller and too tiny for me to see). That side of his nose is just a little red - not even really red, just not as pale pink as the other side.
Renee - that is excellent news! I hope it continues to disappear!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

[/center]

Renee - that is excellent news! I hope it continues to disappear!
Thank You!!! As of this morning, It appears to be completely gone!!!!!!!!

Thank you EVERYONE!!!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Excellent news!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a good boy you are Tripod!