Staphylococcus felis and Struvites

Miathebsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,
My baby Mia, after few vet consults was diagnosed with Staphylococcus Felis - prescribed Aurizon for treatment. 7 days passed we have 7 more to go. After cleaning her litterbox we saw some glitter in the pee so we did some urine test and she has Struvites in her urinary tract . The vet prescribed 10 days antibiotic, some Urinary pills 1 per day and 1 every 12 hours for 30 days and to change her food for Urinary problems . She eated Acana since she was 4 months Old and Sceshir as wet food . Now we moved on Hills Urinary Care S/D for 1 month and we will see next how the urine looks .
After first vet app. she stopped to be so active - that means no more running, no more biting our legs, no more playing with her toys and our chargers 😃
so my question to you guys is she can be stressed from the Aurizondrops to make her lethargic ? She is eating well,going to litter box same as always .
Do we need to look for something else ? This week we will go to vet for Urinary tract scan and we are in doubt if to make her some blood analysis (she will be more stressed) .
Also, anyone going for Hills urinary care S/d ? It is good food or we should search for something else ?
Thank you very much .
best regards,
mia

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I would be more inclined to think the oral antibiotics she is getting are the culprit for lethargy rather than the ear drops. But maybe it is a 'double' whammy' of antibiotics in her system since that is what Aurizon is considered to be as well. From all I read Aurizon is generally used for dogs, but like a lot of these meds, they are used off-label. But just check with your vet to make sure.

What are these two urinary pills? Maybe they are the problem? An infection can also cause some lethargy too.

As far as Hill's Urinary Care S/D, as a temporary food source it is probably fine. Although, if they have it in cans that would be better than the dry food. A lot of folks can use this type of food to help dissolve crystals in the bladder and then resume regular food afterward. However, constant monitoring should be done thereafter to ensure she doesn't continue to develop more crystals. And, getting her to drink more water and eat mostly wet food will also help to clear crystals from her bladder through her urine on an ongoing basis.

If she is going to have a scan done, having blood drawn for blood work is not going to really add any more stress to the process. They can take the blood either immediately before or after the scan and it will take a mere 30 seconds to do so.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Miathebsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,
So, a little update for the first post .
the oral antibiotics she started to take the friday that just passed,so the lethargi or the lack of playing couldn t be from them .We started the treatment with the aurizon drops .
The abdominal scan was ok, only the struvites cristals appeared. The kidney was ok and so was the stomach and everything what the vet scanned .
she is a little meowing these days so i don t know what to check .
We hope after we stop the Aurizon this friday(if the infection is gone) she will be back to the energy before 😃
The vet said that this mood can be triggered by the stress but i m not that sure . She even started to sleep in our bed again 😂
I may be just parranoic but this is the way i saw the crystals and the ear infection😃😃😂
Thank you!