"stalkish" Cat Behavior, Giving Me The Creeps

KittyLuv<3r

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 3 cats, two of them are males, and one is female. They are all spayed and neutered, I got that done when they were young, indoors, and are up to date on vaccinations (if it relates to this). Recently, after I came home, I noticed my female cat grooming herself near the floor, and one of my male cats started walking up to her. They had a brief "stare-off" before my female rubbed against his neck and continued grooming. As I was going to go upstairs to go to bed, I saw my male cat walking after my female, who went to hide under a table and hissed at him. I broke them up and went upstairs but its creeping me out. Does my male cat have some sort of sexual hormones left over, and is this rape-ish behavior? I know it cant be play since it's clearly not reciprocated. I just dont want them to get into any trouble when I'm asleep.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Male cats are only fertile for a few weeks after castration, so as long as it's been longer than that, this can't be sexual behavior. My guess would be that your male cat wanted to initiate a play session, but your female wasn't in the mood, hissing at him to end it. I would recommend giving them some time to cool down, and then putting them together again and watching to see how it goes. You can always keep them separate overnight if they still seem a bit on edge.