Southwest Missouri URGENT. Can you help foster some dogs?

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This breaks my heart, especially since the police had already responded several months ago to rescue an abused dog with hate symbol painted on it. Imo these people are just working up to human abuse, either adult or children
Any folks or rescues that can help…please

Urgent! Please read

Today is a day where we feel like waiving a big white flag and acknowledging that irresponsible pet owners win and we lose. We are 1000% at a loss of what to do. Animals are dying every day and we can’t help them due to lack of foster homes.

Yesterday we received a call from someone stating their roommate was acquiring cats to torture and kill them. He claims he had already killed 7 this month and that one was still alive but injured. We contacted police and headed to Mount Vernon, Missouri to rescue the injured cat. To our surprise, this was the same home that Leslie (the swastika pup) was rescued from. We loaded up the injured cat and was asked by law enforcement to also take Leslie’s mom, dad, and two remaining siblings. There was no way we could leave them there (someone in the home had just drowned a cat in the toilet and placed its dead body under the bathroom sink) but now we are left with nowhere for them to go. Not one foster home. Not one open kennel. Literally nowhere. (police did take someone to jail last night and we are following up to make sure charges are filed)

We need help. We HAVE to find fosters for 12 dogs as boarding places are full on weekends and we have to move dogs. We HAVE to find fosters for a few dogs on our return lists that their owners have euthanasia appointments for because we can not take them right this second.

We beg of you, if you have the ability to foster a dog until it is adopted, please fill out a foster application at Foster Care – Rescue One. We provide you with everything you need! Can’t foster? PLEASE consider donating! We have spent over $6,000 this week alone on emergency cases. We love being there for our community but we need our community to be there for us in this crisis. Thank you for ANY assistance you can offer us and please know that we can not take in any animals at this time due to space.

*To foster, for your pets and ours, your personal pets must be up to date on vaccinations and spayed/neutered. You also must be committed to fostering until the pet is adopted. Must live within 45 minutes of Springfield, MO.

*If there are ANY no kill rescues out there, regardless of what state, that has room for any large dogs, please email us at [email protected]. WE CAN TRANSPORT.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Fosters are needed every where. We just had a bad storm and many lost pets taken in

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I’m sure but it never hurts to put it out there. Also to create awareness of the cat issue

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a horrible and heartbreaking situation. I hope the deranged lunatics that were doing such deeds are locked away for life. Horrible, horrible, horrible. 😢

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What a horrible and heartbreaking situation. I hope the deranged lunatics that were doing such deeds are locked away for life. Horrible, horrible, horrible. 😢
Unfortunately people like this are rarely punished to the full extent of the law. They just rescued 200 days at a breeders just over the line in Oklahoma. They’d had months and months of “warnings” and finally got shutdown for animal abuse. This area of the Midwest has no strong legal or moral drive to prevent this occurrences. Imo you have to have champions with money and legal power which we don’t

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My dog came from a hoarding situation in Oklahoma. Kind of a mill maybe, since I know they were selling some of the puppies. I'm not sure how much physical abuse there was but there was definitely major neglect and all of the dogs were ultimately seized and taken to animal control before shuttled out to rescues. I got my boy at about 8 weeks old and the culmination of what happened to him and his family prior to my bringing him home harmed him greatly; he'll never be fully "normal". I wish I knew what happened with the other dogs that were rescued.

I have no idea why people are so terrible but I wish there were swifter and harsher sentences for abusers.

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I bought A poodle many years ago while living in northern arkansas from a so called breeder. Just a sad situation, had them in a dark basement under som stairs. She had thought if you bred a standard with a toy you’d get some toys, some standards, etc. what she really got were some with long front legs, some with elongated jaws, etc. we bought ( rescued) one but he was never normal. Scared, would bite if threatened, wet when frightened. Just a sad situation..Arkansas genetics..
I know what you’ve gone through. Some people shouldn’t be allowed near fur babies, cats included

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My Tag came from a mill in Missouri and was in Michigan, then Ohio, by 8 weeks old, so who knows how old he was when he was "on his own." Luckily for him as well as me, he was a happy, outgoing puppy who turned into a happy, outgoing adult. For where he came from, he was incredibly well adjusted. Unfortunately, this isn't the norm.