something horrible happened

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nunny

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Dumac, thank you so much!!
Im on it!!

I just hope it will get any attention what-so-ever... Maybe is i will tell them Sadam was involved in some way... naaa kidding!

dumac

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nunny.
Here is the associated press address----

If the story has national or international significance, e-mail [email protected]. Do not send attachments in e-mail messages.

For CNN, try this-----
http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form11b.html?1

For Fox news, they give the local affiliate stations in Israel..they are

Yes \t\twww.yestv.co.il
Tevel \t\twww.tevel.co.il
Matav \t\twww.matav.co.il
Golden Channels www.aztv.co.il

Hope this helps--if i can think of anything else..ill post it here...but i do think it is a great human interest story that will touch animal lovers world wide...so be persistent...
Ursula

nunny

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ursula' your help is priceless!

I will get in touch with these addresses. Im already in touch with local news channels (including what you have found, thanks for the foot work!!). I hope all this coverage will scare off the crimina minds behind it all. I believe its a bunch of bored juvenile teens, that have too much free times on their hands. I just wish they would do something less harmful with their time!!!! so very frustrating.

Thanks again!

dumac

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Nunny,
I just wrote an email to "Dateline"--that is a very popular news magazine show here in the states..sometimes they feature human interest stories suuch as yours... i hope they pick up on it...i said it was one more tragedy of the terrorist climate we now live in...
were any of the animals hurt in this act of vandalism?? have they gotten loose???
Let us know what is happening...
Ursula

nunny

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks Ursula! Im familiar with Dateline, and I hope they reply in some way.

In this attack - the cats were chasen out through a gap that was cut in the fence. Luckily most of them were found and brought back safely. Last time (about 6 months ago), the criminals sprayed the cats with fire distinguishers and killed some of them. Our dogs were drugged, and couldn't do anything.

Im just hoping we can get enough money to put security there, once and fore all, and to stop these cruel people from attacking again. For now - I have some volunteers that are taking turns in watching the place, but I can't find one for every night, so we're not completely safe.

Thank you for all your help - I do feel like we're not alone in this anymore! Im really touched.

nunny

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
thanks for bringing this to my attention - here is the revised link:
Israel Cat Rescue

thank you!

dumac

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Nunny,
I never got a response from Dateline....have you had any luck contacting news media?? and what is happening at the shelter????
Ursula

nunny

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, Im trying very hard to collect donations, but people dont have much to give, even if they want to...
In the meatime, we had to concentrate on a new threat - stopping the killings of hundreds of innocent cats and dogs for the fear of rabies. Hopefully later on this week - I will be able to go back to gathering donations for the shelter. On January 23rd a lot of volunteers will come to help us fix the damages. I will post some pictures, I promise!!

I havne't heard back from CNN or Reuters, only from local papers, which helped.

Thanks, I will keep you posted :-)