Some Nipping The Bits Vibes, Please?

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, tonight is the last night that my baby (not so much a baby anymore at nearly 5 months old) George will be spending as an "intact" male kitty. He is scheduled bright and early in the morning to be neutered. I am, of course, a nervous wreck, even though I know he will be fine. He is such a mush bucket and I simply dread the thought of him being away from here, even for just the few short hours he will be gone.

So, can we combine the power and magic of the Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care Forum and all of us wish George a safe and uneventful nipping of the dangly bits?

Thanks, guys, you are the bestest!!!

Gaye

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Lots and lots of "Nipping the bits" vibes to George, and calming vibes to his nervous Meowmy.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gaye, please give your sweet little mush bucket hugs from me and know that there are mountains of vibes on their way. Yes, he will be fine, but every second he's away from you will be an eternity. Hang in there, Mum!

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
Try not to worry Gaye,I'm sure George will be Ok

{{{{Sending many snipping the dangly bits vibes to george }}}}

George,It's ok lad you will still be able to get your glad rags on.....

Go out.....

Meet the Girlies.......

Without worrying about these......

Good luck George

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
*grin* That's cute, Diana. George wanted to sleep with me tonight (rare occurance) and of course, the physics of a 5 month-old kitten and a human trying to share the sparse real estate of a queen-size bed are such that George is sprawled across the bed, sleeping like he hasn't a care in the world and I am up, sitting at the computer because there is no room in bed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He is fine, thanks for asking!! George got home late yesterday afternoon and was acting like there wasn't anything at all out of the ordinary. *grin* He ate like a horse, played like there was no tomorrow, and piled up with his mother and sister for a nap after they all ate (George ate an entire 6 oz. can of food all by himself!!). This morning, he is running around and playing with his "rats" (fuzzy mice toys), dragging the feather-wand around in his mouth and just being my little "Georgous".

The incision site is pink, but very clean and healthy-looking. He isn't licking almost at all, just a little bit when he got home yesterday. It really just looks like a little nick more so than anything else. He was very affectionate with me this morning (but this is really not at all unusual for George, he is such a mushy, mushy little man that way) and "helped" me wash the brekkie dishes by sitting at the edge of the sink and batting at the soap suds.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww...and we have found that the younger kittens due bounce back from surgery pretty quickly. See...George didn't need those...ummm....extra bits.

Katie

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad George did well. I just hate that moment of dropping kitties at the vet...then worrying until you can pick them up. I know they are always fine, but it is hard to do, isn't it.

After my Wit (now Oreo) got snipped, he sat with his back legs splayed, and bent his head down to clean up down there...it was hilarious!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the update - I'm picking Ferris up at 5 after work, and while I'm sure he'll be fine overall, of course I'm a little concerned about what this evening will be like.

I'm glad George is doing so well!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw...so glad George is doing well. I am REALLY thankful that Smudge was neutered coming to me. I don't think I would have handled that very well!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Aw...so glad George is doing well. I am REALLY thankful that Smudge was neutered coming to me. I don't think I would have handled that very well!
Awe, you would have done fine mum! I'm glad it helped though, He was the first (and by no means the last) kitten to go home snipped. I really like having it done here by me, before they go to their new homes, and every one from now on will be altered for the new owners, So that way, all the new owners have to worry about for a while is loving my babies!

Gaye.. I am so glad Goerge is doing good, I just saw the post a litle too late to wish him well and send vibes for you, sorry. But i'm glad all is well now!