Some kind of marble tabby, Sokoke tabby?

feralhound

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is Maui, my very sweet but naughty nine month old kitten. I rescued him at four months old after he was hit by a car and broke his pelvis. He's a little funny looking skeletal wise (his front paws turn outward, like a ballerina, and he has a short stubby crooked tail), but has a stunning coat!  Not really sure exactly what color you would call this baby, I thought he was just a marble tabby, but is seems as he gets bigger his marking on his sides are fading a little, almost like an agouti- Sokoke tabby perhaps? He's got a brilliant gold underbelly and highlights on his face, and when the sun hits his coat it looks like a red or chocolate color. The last three were taken today, since it seems to me like the "stripes" are fading. 

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh wow, he has a really lovely coloured coat! :love:
I believe that chocolate/brown is quite a rare colour for a cat.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is absolutely gorgeous! I love how those colors are 'blending' in. I believe he is still a domestic short hair with tabby markings though, maybe a breeder could advise you better. All the luck!

titch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi ur cat is beautiful but as I have a pure breed sokoke cat . Your cat doesn't seem to have the markings of a sokoke I'm afraid. Do you no the aprox weight of your cat are the hind legs bigger than the front also is your cat very talkative

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

feralhound

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I honestly thought Sokoke was a color pattern not a breed, my bad on that part. I know that Maui is just your average joe domestic short hair mutt (and I have no problems with that! ;) ), I was just more interested on the correct name of his coat pattern. Like you have the marble tabby, the mackerel tabby, ect.  But to answer your question he's still a growing boy, he's just over a year old now, I haven't weighed him recently but I would guess he's maybe 9 pounds. He's oddly shaped and has rather long scrawny front legs, but I think they match the back height wise. He's not the most talkative, but by far is the most inquisitive.