So surprised how big he’s gotten in a few days

Chasey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys, my kitten is Chase is getting so big. He’s changed so much in a few days when I first got him he was tiny and very slender I felt he may have even been underweight. I’ve been feeding him small portions very often. He barely drinks any water though Is normal ? I was a bit worried he wasn’t getting any fluid so I mix water in the kitten food to keep him hydrated. I’ve been told he’s not a Bengal cat by a few people I’m not a cat experts so I’m not sure. He’s very energetic like any kitten also very affectionate we have quite a bond now and he follows me everywhere. At the moment I feed him kitten pouches And he has dry food for 1 to 12 months. He’s 10 weeks old. Are there any good cat foods any one can recommend ?
FB0FD6CE-D95E-488F-8E03-31BCAD3D1BA2.jpeg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is beautiful! With those big feet though, he has a lot of growing to do. Those spots will more than likely merge as he gets older and form stripes, he would be a Domestic Short Hair Tabby. Cats do not drink a lot of water, but they need it so mixing it in the food is good. There are many good cat foods out there, just make sure to go slowly when changing so he doesn't get diarrhea. with kittens his age just feed often, like 4 times a day, as much as he wants, and leave hard out for him to snack on. You can't overfeed kittens!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey guys, my kitten is Chase is getting so big. He’s changed so much in a few days when I first got him he was tiny and very slender I felt he may have even been underweight. I’ve been feeding him small portions very often. He barely drinks any water though Is normal ? I was a bit worried he wasn’t getting any fluid so I mix water in the kitten food to keep him hydrated. I’ve been told he’s not a Bengal cat by a few people I’m not a cat experts so I’m not sure. He’s very energetic like any kitten also very affectionate we have quite a bond now and he follows me everywhere. At the moment I feed him kitten pouches And he has dry food for 1 to 12 months. He’s 10 weeks old. Are there any good cat foods any one can recommend ?View attachment 397558
He is gorgeous😻 I recommend a home cooked or raw food with supplements added. Otherwise high quality wet food is best, dry food is bad for their kidneys and they need the extra water. I think he is part bengal at least and they do very well on raw food. That is so cute he follows you. Quinn still does that a lot too. A water fountain is a good idea too, the porcelain ones are best. My Sybil had one she loved, a pagoda, I found using it without the filter worked best for some reason. When she passed Quinn was not that into it so I stopped using it. He and Merlin drink water from a glass an ceramic dish.

Last edited: