Smalls Review

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard of Smalls and wouldn't mind trying it, but it's out of our price range for 3 cats, even if only occasionally fed.

I have issue with the amount of produce in the recipes, especially for the price. I'm not too much of a stickler when it comes to vegetables in cat food, but that seems extreme, in my opinion. I would want to contact the company and get protein percentages from just the animal products vs. what they say the "entire" protein amount is (pea protein can skew the total protein amount and cats can't really utilize it).

If they have a good intro price like Darwin's (another commercial food, but this one is entirely raw, not gently cooked), I don't think it would hurt to try and see if your kitties liked it. I personally wouldn't feed it as their sole nutrition source- I would mix in a few cans of whatever they will eat and feed Smalls 2 or 3 times a week/whatever you can afford.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's a TCS thread that discusses this mail order subscription brand:

dottie26

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
Does everyone know or try a cat food brand called SMALLS? Is it better than other commercial brands?
Here is the website:
Smalls: Real Food for Cats
I tried to try it. I really wanted to do something healthy for my cat. However, I still had not received my sample box and the company was trying to send a new order out already. I tried to contact the company by email and text and kept getting the same generic response. Then I tried to cancel and they assured me they cancelled my subscription but I keep getting emails that my new order is about to ship. This sounds way too suspicious. I don't trust the company. I can't comment on the food itself because I still haven't gotten the sample box I paid for.

Last edited by a moderator: