Small black dots on skin under fur/Castration infected?

yummycc3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has been through it the past few months.. he was an unneutered 5 y/o indoor/outdoor cat until he suffered an injury that caused bruising on his belly. Thanks to vet’s care (they couldn’t neuter him at the time) and help this has gotten better, they shaved his belly but now that it’s growing back I have noticed black dots all over. He recently suffered another injury which I’ll probably make a separate thread about (patellar luxation) but this time they managed to neuter him as well. Been keeping him indoors for almost 2 weeks now for the castration to heal & his injury… which gave me more time to notice he’s got the same black dots above his eyes near his ears, as well as on the area that was shaved for the castration…. Anyone know what this is? Blackheads?
Flea dirt? It kinda looks like beard stubble, they’re all quite uniformly placed.
He had another area shaved for another wound which has no black dots.. just clean pink skin.

help anyone? Pics attached
Also anyone who could let me know if the castration looks infected at all? He seems to be fine with going to the toilet, but there’s some darkness under the fur that I can’t see all that well.
Thank you

96A0745A-E3AD-47F7-9FF2-B4ECC91664F5.png 6615E4A1-7939-4FD1-A9D9-C30846E52350.png

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Send a couple of pictures to your vet and ask them.
To me everything looks ok. Maybe a little swelling of the neuter area, but, if he is urinating ok, that is good.

The black dots look like blackheads which will probably resolve. Most likely from the clippers. They can pick up bacteria etc from the clipper blades or it css as n be a reaction to the surgical scrub.

The area on the abdomen should most likely be seen by a vet. I don’t like the little raised bumps. That could be a secondary bacterial infection or something else caused by clipping. It should be seen.

I would send pictures, and call your vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yummycc3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. Send a couple of pictures to your vet and ask them.
To me everything looks ok. Maybe a little swelling of the neuter area, but, if he is urinating ok, that is good.

The black dots look like blackheads which will probably resolve. Most likely from the clippers. They can pick up bacteria etc from the clipper blades or it css as n be a reaction to the surgical scrub.

The area on the abdomen should most likely be seen by a vet. I don’t like the little raised bumps. That could be a secondary bacterial infection or something else caused by clipping. It should be seen.

I would send pictures, and call your vet.
Thanks for the reply!
Took my cat to the vet today for a separate issue but I managed to ask about the dots on all areas mentioned… you’re absolutely correct, she said they were blackheads, and nothing to worry about and it should resolve on its own,
Also all good in terms of the castration thankfully! It just will take a while to heal and may look different since he was neutered later in life 😅