Slight hair loss on tail?

Jmace01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi...my cat has recently been losing some hair on parts of her tail..I’m guessing it could be from excessive grooming..have you guys had any similar issues like this?

Thank You

Attachments

35 year catdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yes on the belly of my Tortie girl after she lost her boyfriend she was really bonded with. Its usually from stress or grieving.
Shes an adorable tortie too! When I found a new boycat for her, the self over- grooming stopped. I will never have a solo cat after 19 years of watching bonded pairs.GET her a buddy ! If you can. I will only have more than one cat from here on out. My first cat was solo and it was not good to leave her all alone so much. Sorry Snookie rest in peace.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
However, and 35 year catdad 35 year catdad is right in what he says, it could also be fleas. Check her carefully. Or it COULD be a newly-developed food allergy.

BlackCatOp

Black Cats Rule!
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you are not using a flea preventative, I would for several months and see if the hair loss improves. The tail & rump are common places for hair loss due to fleas in cats. Some cats are super sensitive that it only takes one flea to cause a major reaction.

Depending on how old she is, I would tend to believe food allergies are less likely and hair loss due to food typically develop on the head and neck region.

Hope she can feel better soon! What a beautiful girl!