Sirius Black…. He changes each week. What is he

MoodyMomma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I adopted one of two black kittens that were found in a dumpster. He was solid black but I though he was losing hair but it turned out it’s changing color. I also noticed two days ago that he has new little white hairs everywhere and dark stripes. He’s wild and fun and so energetic. We are guessing he is around 9 weeks old. I’m about to try and get better photos of him

Attachments

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes cats have a sprinkling of another color. I have an orange female that has a dusting of black hair on her muzzle. She looks a bit like she just has a dirty face.

Of course he's feisty! He's a kitten! Hopefully, he won't bite too much.

Definitely seriously black!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
What a cutie. Wht is his name?

Most black cats have stray white hairs somewhere. Some of them will actually develop into patches of white.
Ghost tabby markings are common on solid color kittens. They usually disappear as the cat ages, but may still be seen in bright sunlight.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I adopted one of two black kittens that were found in a dumpster. He was solid black but I though he was losing hair but it turned out it’s changing color. I also noticed two days ago that he has new little white hairs everywhere and dark stripes. He’s wild and fun and so energetic. We are guessing he is around 9 weeks old. I’m about to try and get better photos of him
He is such a cutie😻 I love black cats💕 I replied to this yesterday and it is missing now which is odd. I was saying that my beloved kitty Wizard, a rescue, all black kitty with a white locket also had some random white hairs… as to his age, the eyes change at about 6-8 weeks but it can happen earlier. But 9 weeks or older could be a good estimate. It takes 3 months or longer for the full color to develop.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I replied to this yesterday and it is missing now which is odd.
I’m glad you came back to post again. TCS was down for a time with hard drive issues. Unfortunately, the most recent backup didn’t save everything that was posted in the previous 23 hours.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m glad you came back to post again. TCS was down for a time with hard drive issues. Unfortunately, the most recent backup didn’t save everything that was posted in the previous 23 hours.
I was wondering what happened, thanks for letting me know 😀…there was one other I need to redo.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep its normal, also if you have other cats sometimes the white strand of fur can be from an injury. My boys play rough and Ceriah isnt a fan of any cat play in which she isn't on top so jetty has some white hair on his ears from a war wound lol. Well a scratch lol