Short or long hair?

scole3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! My boyfriend and his coworkers found 3 kittens at work and long story short the mom never came back (after 2 days) so I took them in. I'm guessing they were around 3 weeks old when I got them because they couldn't restroom on their own and I had to bottle feed them. Now they are about 7 weeks old and I foster failed hard and am keeping one. I found homes for the other 2 (close friends of mine thankfully because I did not want to take them to a shelter) so now I have a cat along with my 2 dogs. We named her Libby, which is short for little bit (that's what I called her when we got her because she was so much smaller than the other 2). She gets along great with our dogs (golden retriever and a Mini aussie/chocolate lab mix) and they play with each other all day, it's so cute! Anyways, I have never had a cat and was hoping someone could help me determine whether she would have long or short hair.

Thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its not easy with kitten fuzziness.  The trick is to look at their tail.  If bushy, its medium or longhair, if thin - shorthair.   :)

The bicolor pattern is usually called for tuxedo, by obvious reasons.   What tuxedo, depends on her color of the fur, the dark color.

Black tuxedo, blue (=grey) tuxedo, etc...

Sweet kitten, and a beautiful story!

Tx for helping these three lill sisters of our!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scole3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her tail is a little bushy...it's not very thin. I've actually noticed it being a little more fluffy recently. Thanks for your help!