Sherazy American?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Why American, I dont know, but Shirazi Persian are a quite common Persian variation in there around "your countries". As you live in Saudi Arabia in the middle of that zone, this is not peculiar.   :)

Shirazi Persian can be sayed are a variation of Persians old type, as they were 50 years ago, with nose and muzzle and all.   Surely a quite sound breed.

Now, she is shorthaired for a Persian, so I presume they call what we call for Exotic, ie shorthaired Persian, for American.

So my guess is; Shirazi American <>  Shorthaird Persian = Exotic

Or possibly, it was something somebody just made up. It depends on who did wrote this your certificate. If it was some knowing in the responsible cat organization active in your country, or a clerk at your local vet doing brave guesses.

Good luck!

Welcome to our Forums!

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is no breed in any cat association/ called Sherazy American.  and but  as Stefan said, Shirazi (this is how I have usually seen it spelled in the Roman alphabet) is what I have heard some people in Middle Eastern countries call  longhair cats that look like ( and may be)  the original type of Persian. 

........  so it is likely  they meant she is a cross of some kind of Persian-type cat mixed with something else that they call " American" .

So what could they mean by American? 

The only cat breed with "American"  in the name is the American Shorthair.    so possibly could mean  a cross of " Shirazi"  and American Shorthair ,  or a cat that looks like American Shorthair  ( but  your cat is genetically longhair,  so both parents would have to be carrying the longhair gene which most pedigreed American Shorthairs probably are not.) 

OR ...  I have seen pictures of some semi- longhair cats that looked sort of like Maine Coons that seem to be called " American cats"  in some countries in the Middle East.     But I don't know if that is a phrase used in some countries  for a specific  type of cat  or if it's just that these are cats who happen to have come from America - pet cats that someone brought over from the U.S. when they moved to another country . .   and maybe the few I saw labeled as " American cat"  just happened by coincidence to be semi-longhairs who looked kind of vaguely like Maine Coon type cats.  

Sorry that was not so helpful.   

But two things I can tell you for sure:

1. Her color / pattern is called  " Brown Classic Tabby and White"    

2.  And she is a beautiful cat!    :) 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mishi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much StefanZ and Maewkaew.
I couldnt have understood any better without you guys. As there is not much info here in Saudi. You guys are great.

& yes, she's my gorgeous baby.