Separation and fighting

Hjane

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 4 very loving cats.
Two of them are the parents and the other two are the “kids” per se . A week ago my male cat (4ish days before his neuter) got into a really big fight with one of the “kids” and it was not good. the day after she gave birth.
they’ve all been separated since. but the kid who gave birth got out and attacked the male cat on sight pretty much.
Will her behavior stop after the kitten is weened off? how do we reintroduce all of them? will they get along again? Very much need some cat parent help. it’s got me very stressed and nauseous everyday.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, I think the "kid" attacked the male cat as she was felt he was a possible threat to her kitten(s). Especially so soon after giving birth. Keeping her and the kitten(s) separate from the other cats, should help with her stress. And then after the kitten(s) is weaned, you can start introductions again. Definitely keep any other unneutered male cats away from her until they are neutered or she is spayed, as female cats can get pregnant again very soon after giving birth, even if they are still nursing kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hjane

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your advice! definitely just on all ten toes worried about everything!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can, it would be best to isolate momma and babies for at least a few weeks. She is feeling very protective and rightfully so because male cats can be unpredictable with kittens.