Say hello to Nera

xlynnbbyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Everyone has seen my 2 kitty boys Casper & Scooter. Well here is my baby girl Nera which I sometimes call her Nera Bug. She also gets called Smoohey as I heard it on The Nanny tv show and thought it was funny. Far as we can tell she is maybe a Papillon. We don’t know for sure the person we got her from lied to us so many times. If they weren’t so expensive I would get those dog dna kits to see. She is 2 years old and very much a diva. For awhile we were worried about her cause she will not eat dog food. The only kind of dog food she will eat is the Cesar’s Simply Chicken. Since all that is really is chicken and water. She does eat table scraps though her favorite is anything with butter on it. Well except vegetables she won’t touch it. She only weighs 4lbs when we took her to the vet we asked about it they said as long as it’s safe for dogs and she eats it let her eat. Oh her name Nera is Italian for black and she is a black doggy. She is tiny but fierce definitely gives my kitty boys a run for their money.

IMG_2200.jpeg

IMG_1912.jpeg

IMG_1591.jpeg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Nera is precious and definitely has the Papillon ears. I would keep trying different dog food until you hit on one she likes to make sure she gets the proper nutrition but transition her slowly. Best of luck and congrats on your new pup. 🤗

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xlynnbbyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nera is precious and definitely has the Papillon ears. I would keep trying different dog food until you hit on one she likes to make sure she gets the proper nutrition but transition her slowly. Best of luck and congrats on your new pup. 🤗
Oh she is not new we had her since she was 8 weeks. Well we thought she was 8 weeks but the person we got her from lied to us she was 5 weeks. It makes me wonder what that person did to those puppies cause ever since we had her if you go to pick her up she acts like you are going to hit her. We have tried every dog food she won’t touch it. She occasionally will eat some kibble. But the only dog food she will eat is the Cesar’s Simply Chicken. So it’s why we give her table scraps we do search for human food that benefits dogs. One is eggs and she loves eggs. Vet said as long as she is eating and we give her foods that are safe for dogs to let her get her nutrients that way.

xlynnbbyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's adorable.

:heartshape:

I can't believe how tiny she is! I've got cats that weigh four times as much as her.
She is definitely a tiny girl. I think she was the runt of the litter. Casper he is not a big cat at all and yet he is bigger than her. My mom’s friend/co worker has Nera’s sister which she was the one that told my mom about the puppies and got Nera & her sister. She gave us Nera and kept her sister. Even her sister is bigger than her. Nera was the only pup that was mainly black.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We have tried every dog food she won’t touch it.
When we adopted our last dog he wouldn't touch dog food. We also tried every variety out there until our vet told us to boil hamburger meat and rice. Long story short, it worked like a charm and after several days he started eating a healthy brand of dog food from that day forward. Hopefully you will have good luck! :crossfingers:

xlynnbbyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When we adopted our last dog he wouldn't touch dog food. We also tried every variety out there until our vet told us to boil hamburger meat and rice. Long story short, it worked like a charm and after several days he started eating a healthy brand of dog food from that day forward. Hopefully you will have good luck! :crossfingers:
We tried that she won’t still touch any dog food except the Cesar’s I mentioned. She will occasionally eat some dry food. But we do give her meat for her protein. We are at the point where as long as she is eating we let her eat. We find other ways to give her nutrients she needs. She is 2 years old and is thriving. I do suspect the person she came from did something to the pups. When we got her we were told she was 8 weeks turns out she was only 5 weeks. She was taken from her mom way too early. But as long as she is thriving and healthy I’m happy.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, my goodness. She is so cute! I read your post incorrectly, as I often do, and thought you said she weighed 45 lbs. :paperbag:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
What a beautiful little girl! She is very lucky to have found her way to your house where she is living such a great life.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Everyone has seen my 2 kitty boys Casper & Scooter. Well here is my baby girl Nera which I sometimes call her Nera Bug. She also gets called Smoohey as I heard it on The Nanny tv show and thought it was funny. Far as we can tell she is maybe a Papillon. We don’t know for sure the person we got her from lied to us so many times. If they weren’t so expensive I would get those dog dna kits to see. She is 2 years old and very much a diva. For awhile we were worried about her cause she will not eat dog food. The only kind of dog food she will eat is the Cesar’s Simply Chicken. Since all that is really is chicken and water. She does eat table scraps though her favorite is anything with butter on it. Well except vegetables she won’t touch it. She only weighs 4lbs when we took her to the vet we asked about it they said as long as it’s safe for dogs and she eats it let her eat. Oh her name Nera is Italian for black and she is a black doggy. She is tiny but fierce definitely gives my kitty boys a run for their money.

View attachment 460072
View attachment 460073
View attachment 460074
Oh, she is ADORABLE!!! My Papillon Livie says Hello!
1695773231008.png

Nera certainly resembles a Papillon, but her face, coat, and earset make me think there is long haired Chihuahua and/or Pomeranian in there. I don't believe Paps come in mostly black, but, whatever the case, she certainly resembles a Pap and is cute as a button! My Mom had a rescued longhaired Chihuahua, possible Pap mix, that was an absolute sweetie.

For Nera not wanting to eat, there is a website called balanceit (Welcome to Balance It). You can make a very healthy, balanced for the long term diet in your own kitchen with very minimal ingredients this way.

As someone who has had Paps for two decades, please work on getting your girl used to having her teeth brushed, and do so often. Toy breeds have so many dental problems (crowding, shallow root structure, etc.) that brushing her teeth 3-5 times weekly now could prevent a whole lot of problems down the line. Does she like chew treats (bully sticks, etc.)?