SAGA OF THE WET CAT

auntsaundra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Saga of the Wet Cat

Ginger Cyber Boopsy Kitty, Wonder Cat for short, comes in after a long and arduous night of defending the neighborhood from the villians that lie in wait for such an opportunity to prowl, touring the local trash sites and engaging in the occasional brawl. (sounds like me in my twenties LOL) His only intention upon gaining entrance to the castle is something to eat and a warm, soft, safe place to rest up until his next shift begins. His plans are almost thwarted when the queen covers him and begins, with careful intention, to soak up some of the mud, water and whatever else might be trapped in that mop of a coat. As if the night was not harrowing enough! "Can a cat not eat in peace?!"

Boopsy is careful to wait until the queen turns her head to leave the room to make his move. As she turns to leave he makes his way quickly to seek refuge in the canine's quarters. Upon her return, the queen searches the furniture for signs of the drenched feline only to find the Wonder Cat quietly bathing himself in the peace and comfort of the carrier sitting askew beneath the piano. Unbeknownst to the fearless feline the queen approaches. To his shock and sheer disgust she tips the carrier, disturbing his personal moment, causing him to slide from safety onto the kitchen floor where quickly she swept him off his paws and began making her way down the hallway to the privy. "Oh this cannot be good!" Boopsy worries as they approach the privy only to find water in the tub confirming his deepest fear...A BATH.

Despite his attempts to escape he is plunged into the shallow depths of the bubbly waters below. Panic takes over his usual cool, calm demeanor; but his strength is no match for the long arm of the law that held him there in what he hated most...water. Alas, she moves her hand and he makes his move! Darting left, shifting right he quickly moves in an effort to escape this horrific torture only to find himself being volleyed back into the depths of the bubbles. Then in one swift jump he is out of the tub. "Free at last!" But wait, once again the wicked queen has thwarted his attempts to escape by trapping him between the privy door and ...the tub. He cries out but it's no use. His plea for help cannnot be heard by anyone...except the queen. He considers the shower curtain as a means to traverse his way to freedom but quickly changes his plan. Then is one swift move the queen gathers Boopsy up in a large blanket and begins to dry him again.

"Oh for the love of kibble woman, unhand me!" Her obvious lack of education in Felinese is apparent as she blissfully carries on humming and cooing. "As if that will change my mind?! Madam, I assure you, you have no idea who you are dealing with!" Once more he is swept up and in motion. This time it is back to the kitchen "This is not over!" the Wonder Cat declares as he is gently restored from whence he came prior to the rude interruption. The carrier seemed like the safest place for the moment.

Once the water was drained and the dander was settled both the queen and the cat sighed a relief from what could have been a much worse experience and quietly said, "Aah, much better."

Hope this put a smile on your face:)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What fun this was!

The last time I bathed Hekitty (about five years ago), ended with Hekitty not speaking to me for three days, and me in the emergency room getting stitches in my arm.  Found this meme that says it all:

It even looks like her.