RMB's for Dental Health

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 5 cats altogether.  2 are on raw only, and 2 are on canned only and 1 is on kibble cause she's an addict.  Anyways, I am wanting to give my canned food kitties some RMB's a few times a week for dental health.  Will that make much of a difference if it's just a few times a week?  They are both starting to get some tartar, one is 4 almost 5 the other is 3 almost 4 years old. 

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
RMB = raw meat bone? If so, I don't see any harm in giving them a piece of chicken wing (the smallest part). It could help their teeth, can't hurt. Do keep an eye (feel?) out for the consistency of the poop; if too hard, you may have to back off. Too much raw bone can cause constipation.
Do note that RMB isn't a cure all for tarter; some cats are simply pre-disposed to gingivitus and tartar. I've been feeding prey model raw (a/k/a Frankenprey) for over two years, and Ritz is scheduled for her 2nd cleaning in around 2.5 years the end of March.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I know that....my Chihuahua still needs hers cleaned about every 6 months and has been raw fed for 3 & 1/2 years.