rescued

houtx002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
found a very tiny little guy and abated obvious and suspected parasitic infestations which immediately increased the cuteness factor from the intense affection he already gives.

i suspect he is around eight weeks and is feisty. larger (than 'normal') paws and ears with lengthy fur in both, coat is not typical shorthair; please take a look and share your thoughts on heritage.

thank you.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The pattern is mackerel tabby, and that is why he has spots on the tummy.   Happens often with mackerel (striped) tabbys, you dont need no fancy parentage for it.   But him having large ears and somewhat prolonged muzzle hints he may have a modern siamese or oriental not far  backwards.

The coat is probably baby fuzzy, it is why it seems longish.   We will see more   when he has maturned. 

Very pretty boy!

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

houtx002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
much appreciated, stefan, thank you.

houtx002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
update: he is now verified she and from what the cat community says also somewhat a rarity. also the coat continues to be a nice mid- to longhair and very pretty at that.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for the update. She is beautiful and one lucky little girl to have found you.

caltritwiamb4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Orange Tabbies are usually boys like tortoiseshell   and Calicos are usually girls. She has grown into a real beauty that's for sure. You are taking very good care of her that I can tell from her vibrant healthy look.  By the way what is her name?

houtx002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks BEG and CTTA! I named her Piper for the 'piped' coloring/stripes and because I found her hiding under a box truck next to the axel. A double entendre but also she mewed to alert me to find her there, and she has continued to be very sweet and vocal so her name suits her on so many levels!