Rescued cat who was locked in a room for two years

catlady1979

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You're right. I'm sorry. My human family other than my mom is gone. My family is in my home 24/7 with me. Outside is scary. Maybe this was a mistake.

Stormy accepts you

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No, sweetie. No, no. I didn’t mean to make you feel that way. You have a family here, and a friend in me. Outside can be, but we’ve got your back. We‘re here when you need us, darling. My cats are what keep me alive. Don’t leave, okay?

Last edited:

catlady1979

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No, sweetie. No, no. I didn’t mean to make you feel that way. You have a family here, and a friend in me. Outside can be, but we’ve got your back. We‘re here when you need us, darling. My cats are what keep me alive. Don’t leave, okay?
I'm sorry. I'm having a hard time. I found this cause my kitten is weird and Marshall is dying and Sinh's upset over Marshall and literally my cats are my life. I just wanted to know why Opal was so active after her surgery. I'm sorry.

Stormy accepts you

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry. I'm having a hard time. I found this cause my kitten is weird and Marshall is dying and Sinh's upset over Marshall and literally my cats are my life. I just wanted to know why Opal was so active after her surgery. I'm sorry.
Shhh, you don’t have anything to be sorry for. It’s okay, honey. Mine are my life too. I found this because my Bella needed help. i found family, and I’ll be yours. It’s okay. I promise.

catlady1979

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Shhh, you don’t have anything to be sorry for. It’s okay, honey. Mine are my life too. I found this because my Bella needed help. i found family, and I’ll be yours. It’s okay. I promise.
Thank you. I've got to take Benny to the vet tomorrow which is scary cause she hasn't left the house in 2 years. Next it's Isis. Rocky is the only one that wants to go out. And it's not his turn. I'm sure Benny is fine. She's still youngish. Isis is almost 14. With Marshall being sick I'm getting them all checked.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also would suggest that you either block under the bed so she cannot get under or possibly put your mattress on the floor. It is very difficult to work with a cat that can hide under the bed. Instead offer her other safe places to hide such as a cabana bed or even cardboard boxes.
The trauma of getting them out from under the bed in order to block off underneath the bed is not worth it.
I don't really have a problem with a cat hiding under a bed unless they do it all the time. Casper used to spend a lot of time under the bed but he would venture in and out. Gradually, as time went on, he spent more time out than in. The only thing I worry about is the case when I have to get the cat out from under the bed for some reason. I'd have to tear half the bedroom apart to get at him.

My solution was, kind of, like you guys say. I convinced him that he'd rather hide some place better. There's a night stand next to the bed and, if you pace them close together, the cat can crawl from under the bed and hang out under the table. There's a heater vent right in that corner that Casper likes to stay near to keep warm. We put a blanket over the table like an oversized table cloth that hangs to the floor. We put some nice, cozy blankets under there for him to lay in.

We call it Casper's clubhouse. He goes there all the time and just hangs out. He does spend plenty of time out and about. If you can't find Casper, go upstairs and look inside his clubhouse. 50% chance of finding him under there. The other 50% is under a table in the living room with an oversized blanket draped over. That's Casper's Girl-Human's kotatusu table. She can sit there and do her crafts and put her legs under to keep warm. If you can't find the cat, look in one of those two places. You'll probably find him.

You guys are right. It's better to convince your cat that there's an even better place to hang out, beside under the bed. :)

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When either of my two hide under the bed, I leave them where they are unless I have to get them out (for example when I'm having to take Tigger to the vet, then I will get Tigger out from under the bed, to make sure she gets her medical stuff done)

Stormy accepts you

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My pic is Benny and the Jets. She's about 5 now. Another rescue from outside. Beautiful girl, very lovey. I thought she was a boy for the first year until she went into heat. So, I took her in and to the vet and then to a friend. She hated the dog so now she's with me. Lol. I also have her older half brother Rocky Raccoon. They're both Maine Coone mix.
Those are amazing names.