Regurgitating Kitten

jmiah22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! Don't know if you remember me or not but I have the kitten named Graycie. Anyway she is about 10 1/2 weeks old and she is doing very good. The question I have is this: Every time she eats she seems to get an upset stomache or something, she will regurgitate food, chew it again and swallow it and sometimes she does vomit on the floor (this morning she vomited in her litter box). What would cause this and is it something to be worried about? Sometimes she doesn't seems to have trouble but other times she does. She otherwise appears perfectly happy and healthy, she isn't real fat but she isn't scrawny skinny either.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has she been vet-checked for parasites? If so and found to be free of them, then it could be that her food isn't agreeing with her - what do you feed her? Do you have plants or other things she could chew on or possibly ingest? Is she over-grooming during these warm summer days and possibly suffering from hairballs?

~gf~

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has she been to the vet recently? Sometimes the stress of those visits can cause this. Also all food she is vomiting needs to be cleaned up immediately- or she will eat it again. Cat's just do that.

You can try breaking up her kibble with a hammer, elevating her food plate and use a cookie sheet and spread her food out. Also move her water a little bit away from her food plate.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jmiah22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

Has she been vet-checked for parasites?
~gf~
Thanks for the replies. No she has actually not even been to the vets yet as I don't have the money yet to pay for a vet visit (Somebody offered to pay for shots and stuff for my kitten as a birthday present, I have not received the money yet). Anyway tonight she was sick on the carpet and I went to cleaned it up and saw something so I looked closer and there were really fine white worms crawling around in it :green face: So I am goign to have to do something even if it means buying dewormer. She is almost 11 weeks old and over 2 pounds (I believe the requirements are over 6 weeks old and over 2 lbs).

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't use the over-the-counter deworming stuff on her ... you'll be getting the money soon, I trust and will be able to get the good stuff from your vet. Maybe he will let you give them a post-dated check or work out a short cycle repayment plan with you knowing that the money will be repaid within the next week or so???

~gf~