Red, hardened nipple on a 8 year old neutered male cat

ccbttn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I noticed that my neutered male cat, who is 8-9 years old, has a red, hardened nipple on the upper right side of his chest, as seen in the attached photo. He didn't seem bothered when I checked it. Can anyone please tell me if this could be a serious issue?

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ccbttn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your help and reply, yes it's his nipple, I also took a video of it . He is not irritated by it and when I touch it he does show any painful signs.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your help and reply, yes it's his nipple, I also took a video of it . He is not irritated by it and when I touch it he does show any painful signs.
Hmm I really haven't the slightest clue.. Hopefully someone else will be along with a clue as to what it is
I'm sorry I don't have any information about what it might be.

ccbttn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, it turns out to be a thick piece of dead skin that's covering his nipple and somehow looks like an enlarged nipple. I was able to remove it myself and he's not irritated at all. Thank you very much for the care!

ccbttn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hmm I really haven't the slightest clue.. Hopefully someone else will be along with a clue as to what it is
I'm sorry I don't have any information about what it might be.
Thank you, it turns out to be a thick piece of dead skin that's covering his nipple and somehow looks like an enlarged nipple. I was able to remove it myself and he's not irritated at all. Thank you very much for the care!

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh good. I'm really glad it turned out to be nothing. I was wondering what it could possibly be and i felt bad because I had nothing to offer on what it could have been.. I wonder if he maybe scratched it on something? Causing a little scab or something..

I'm just happy his little nipple is ok and back to normal.

Thank you so much for the update

ccbttn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh good. I'm really glad it turned out to be nothing. I was wondering what it could possibly be and i felt bad because I had nothing to offer on what it could have been.. I wonder if he maybe scratched it on something? Causing a little scab or something..

I'm just happy his little nipple is ok and back to normal.

Thank you so much for the update
Thank you so much for your kindness! I have the same doubt, he has a fat belly and it's really hard to notice. I have no clue when he had it. I noticed another of his nipple also has a layer of yellowish dead skin (which is thinner compared to this one) and I removed that today as well. Some posts I read online says older and fatter cats may be more likely to have this thing.

Hope this post can help someone in future if run into the same problem.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your kindness! I have the same doubt, he has a fat belly and it's really hard to notice. I have no clue when he had it. I noticed another of his nipple also has a layer of yellowish dead skin (which is thinner compared to this one) and I removed that today as well. Some posts I read online says older and fatter cats may be more likely to have this thing.

Hope this post can help someone in future if run into the same problem.
You're more than welcome. I'm just glad his little nipples are ok and it wasn't anything to really worry about

Yes, hopefully this can help someone else who experiences something similar with their kitty.

Again thank you for the update. I'm glad he is ok.