Raw Treat

stargate

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, I'm a fisherman and was wondering is it alright to feed my cat some of the bait as well as some raw fish?...

She is 11 mo old and is still on kitten food (I'm going to wean her next week with an expirament for my Statictics class (based on brand of food and location))

I gave her a criket once but she didnt really eat it, she played with it for a while and I found it later.

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of bait are you talking about? The raw fish is fine as long as it doesn't make up the majority of her meals and freshwater is preferred.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You would need to be more specific on what you mean by bait. Cats often don't like fish, mine don't. When was the last time you saw a cat fishing in a creek for a fish? I think they prefer mice.

You would need to make sure she is getting the other things she needs in her diet, like taurine. She is still a kitten and should be eating several meals a day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stargate

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I feed her wet kitten food twice daily (fancy feast) and leave dry science diet out all of the time.

By bait I meant crickets and minnows from the bait shop.

The fish in question are bream that swallow the hook and are going to die anyways (after an unsuccessful removal) and I'm not talking about the whole fish, more like just the filleted meat.