Raw feeders! What do you use while traveling?

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey all. pinkman here. 

Just a question that popped into my head: What do you guys do when you need to travel with your cat/bring your cat somewhere else to stay over? Before, I always brought my own canned food when I had to bring Lox over somewhere. Now that I've started raw what do you guys bring? I was thinking freeze-dried raw... Do you guys think it'd be wise to mix in some freeze-dried raw into my rotation, just in case? If so, what do you guys recommend? I was looking at S&C, which looked like a good option. Are there any others?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For how long? How are you going to travel? By car? How long is the trip? Where are you staying? In a hotel? In a home?

If you are travelling by car, you can bring the frozen meals in a cooler - it will be fine for a while, no problem.
Many hotel chains take pets, and likewise, many of them have a freezer in the room or can arrange one for you.....
If you are travelling by plane, then you need to source the meat where you are staying, taking more planning.

Freeze dry is a great option, just make sure your pet is already eating it before the trip as your pet might not like them and you don't want a hungry pet on the road.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, if I do decide to take the easy route and use freeze-dried raw for road trips I would use it in my rotation. I wouldn't want a starving cat in my hands! 

Any suggestions for travel-friendly freeze-dried raw foods? I guess most if not all of them are but I am curious what you guys use! 

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't help you there..... While I travel a lot (about once a week), I leave them with a sitter, so I don't feed FD foods.

Stella & Chewy seems to be popular.........

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I always have Stella and Chewy's on hand.  My furkids seem to like most of the flavors.  I know several people use it, although not for all meals, as it can be costly.  (mine only get it for treats, like when I first get up in the morning, just to give them something to tide them over until I'm ready to feed them.  I toss them a piece or two as their morning coffee to get their hearts started
)

When we go on vacation, our cat sitter feeds our little ones raw.  She's pretty cool about it
.  I just leave plenty of notes as to who eats what, how much, etc., and make sure everything in the freezer is well labeled.  Plus she comes over a few days ahead of time and actually feeds them while I sit back and watch

harleydiva

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I offer a Stella & Chewy's meal about once a week, just to keep them used to it.  I also use it crumbled as a topper sometimes.  My guys will eat the turkey or the chicken, but didn't like the duck/goose.  I haven't tried any of the others that have fish in them.  I don't travel.....but occasionally someone forgets to take out a frozen package to start thawing....so it's nice to be able to offer the freeze dried as a fill-in.