Ragdoll Won't Go Into Labor

WasatchRagdolls

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I've read that within 5 hours of posting here, my cat will know it's time to have kittens ;)

I've tried everything. She is a TICA registered Ragdoll, her 3rd litter. She is usually right on her due date, or a day late. She was first bred on June 30th, and was bred for 4 days. This makes me think her due date was either this last Friday, to this Tuesday. She's huge, so I don't want her to go too over so their heads don't get too big!! I'm holding out until possibly Friday to take her in.

Milk is coming out. Temp for the last 2 days has been fluctuating between 98 and 99. Haven't seen any mucus plug or discharge. I feel bad for the poor girl, she's so fat she can't clean her bum so I've been wiping it off with cat wipes!!

I've decided to try and mildly play with her, as nothing else I've done has worked! Any recommendations!?

Thanks in advance! So excited for kittens!

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Has she dropped? They usually do. An overall advice is, cats usually manage a little too long pregnancy better tha humans. While kittens manage a too short pregnancy much worse then premature human babies.

On the other side, I presume your cat is "secured" with insurance so an emergency cesarean wont be as costly as for most others. And your vet is used to cooperating with breeders, and thus experienced obstetrician.

If you are sure she is full-time, you can thus easier go for a cesarean - planned or emergency.

But do prepare for premature kittens, ie hand feeding, extra vaporizer. IR-warming lamp... A scale you do have already, no?

If your vet is as experienced obstetrician as I think, you can always discuss with him. Many standard vets arent.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your cat is not yet overdue by my calculations. Counting from July 3rd, her last day of breeding, today would be her 64th day.

Many cats easily go to 68 days. Since she's had litters before, her body knows the drill.

Her body will have them when it's ready, which should be sometime this week.

How old is your cat? Do you plan to stop breeding her soon?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WasatchRagdolls

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is 3 years and 6 months. She will have one more litter at 5 years old and retire.

So excited for these kittens! Thanks for your responses! I currently have 5 kittens sold, so it's nice that they all have great homes lined up!

I was assuming she just took on a later day than I had calculated, so I will wait until Friday and hopefully we'll have kittens!!

Thanks for the responses!