Ragdoll + Moggy = what?

takaharu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm due to receive a kitten next week and would appreciate some pointers, if there are some to be given.

Mother cat is a Ragdoll, father is a moggy, though this was apparently unintentional; the male was brought along to visit and hadn't had the snip. I'm content with that, as we're after an indoors cat and not really fussed about the breed and these were one of very few kittens in the area.

I'm aware of cats needing regular grooming (probably once every week or so), neutricious food and the basics. Is there anything else to look out for with such a cross-breed?

sophie79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's hard to give you an answer without seeing a picture of the dad. Ragdolls are generally low maintenance...they lack the dense undercoat that longhair cats usually have, therefore they are not prone to matting, however there is no gaurantee that your kitten will have inherited this trait...in fact it may not resemble a ragdoll at all...especially if the father is a non-colourpoint. Whenever you breed a pointed cat to a non-pointed cat the result will always be non pointed kittens unless the father is also carrying the recessive gene. If both parents have long hair then you will get a long haired kitten etc.
We can hope at least that your kitten inherited the Ragdoll personality. Fingers crossed!