Radiation cancer therapy worth it? Side Effects?

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you.
He demanded 90minutes straight on my lap getting neck scratches, not weird for him.

The other four cats, inversely, are acting very weird for the past few days.
90 minutes! That's a wonderful amount of time and I'm so glad he's demanding those neck scratches :)
The other cats may sense your stress and your worry and aren't sure what's going on. Are they avoiding either you or Luke?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

syzygycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
..The other cats may sense your stress and your worry and aren't sure what's going on. Are they avoiding either you or Luke?
Cats ages 14yr,13yr(Luke),10yr,4yr,and 20mo.

They all have very reliable idiosyncrasies. None of them are behaving like the cats I know. The 14 y/o has stopped howling at sunrise. The kitten is not following Luke around. None of them are hanging out in the bedroom. The 10yr old is nowhere to be seen hes normally hyperactive running up and down the stars all day.
The 4y/o is being the most unusual of all. She had emotional issues when we got her, took months of work to get her comfortable. Since then, she usually sits 10feet away and stares at me constantly like my personal gargoyle. She stands outside the door when I use the bathroom. She Climbs on top of me every single night (shed wait for me to be asleep the 1st year, then when we turn out the lights. Luke usually sleeps with us, she always does. I've barely seen her all week. Luke hid under the bed when we were going to sleep last night, It's the 1st time in 6 days the 4y/o crawled in to bed. By morning Luke had come back on the bed and the 4y/o was gone.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do you think they know something isn't right with Luke? He also might smell differently from the vet and his treatment, making them wary of him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

syzygycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you think they know something isn't right with Luke? He also might smell differently from the vet and his treatment, making them wary of him.
I don't honestly know why but could be a lot of things.
He demands everyone pet him, so aside from the potential medical smells. Hes ben vigorously pet and held by a dozen nurses & vet staff has their scent all over him. 20 years of working in a chem. Labs desensitized me to odors but even I can get a hint of a few different purfumes on him.
Also, It used to take 10min to prep each of their 4 meals, in the basement kitchen. They'd wait as I stir and distribute the bowls. Now it takes 90min per meal with all the blending, grinding, straining multiple food options for Luke and he gets fed depending . If cats think like human children it'd invoke frustration and jealousy.
Then again, I haven't been acting sad and manically attentive/dotingm Im definitely stressing out my and worrying my wife probaby freaking out the cats too.