Quick Questions

prncss89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello, my names Melissa. I now have two cats boo-boo who is 3 years old and tiny-one who I took in almost 2 months ago who is now due to have kittens. Boo-boo is spayed. Tiny-one will be as soon as she is ready and so will ALL of her kittens when they can be. My question is the pregnant one is very pregnant due very soon. Today she keeps trying to escape outside. As lazy as she has been the past few weeks when she see the door open she tries to jet full speed for the door. Does she feel uncomfortable to have her babies in my house? I have set up nesting areas throughout the house and one she tends to mess with and stay most of the time. I am worried she doesn't trust having them in the house. How can I make her feel more safe? Also her babies are moving around non-stop and easly seen. Does that show any sign of labor anytime soon? Thanks for any help!
Melissa

dragonlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She may have chosen a spot outside. It is important that you keep two doors between her and the outside. This way if she slips past one there is a second to stop her.

Keep her in one quiet room of the house, give her food and water there and a litter box. Do not let her out of this birthing room or you could be digging kittens out from under the couch, behind the refrigerator, or some other inaccessable place!

Make sure to keep the door closed after the kittens are born or she may try to move them. I have one girl that would move her babies every day. Sometimes to two different locations!

Good luck with your new mom and hope the babies come soon.

Teresa

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another reason to ensure that she remains indoors is that a cat can become pregnant again as early as a week after giving birth...so best to keep her in a room where she has no opportunity to get out again, even accidentally. Once the kittens are weaned and she is spayed, you can let her enjoy the outdoors.

Katie

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by prncss89

Hello, my names Melissa. I now have two cats boo-boo who is 3 years old and tiny-one who I took in almost 2 months ago who is now due to have kittens. Boo-boo is spayed. Tiny-one will be as soon as she is ready and so will ALL of her kittens when they can be. My question is the pregnant one is very pregnant due very soon. Today she keeps trying to escape outside. As lazy as she has been the past few weeks when she see the door open she tries to jet full speed for the door. Does she feel uncomfortable to have her babies in my house? I have set up nesting areas throughout the house and one she tends to mess with and stay most of the time. I am worried she doesn't trust having them in the house. How can I make her feel more safe? Also her babies are moving around non-stop and easly seen. Does that show any sign of labor anytime soon? Thanks for any help!
Melissa
If she is use to being a outside cat then she might feel better having them outside BUT DON'T!!!! Please don't in the house you can monitor her and the kittens even if it is from a distance.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

prncss89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No, from what I know she was a indoor cat who got out only a few times.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by prncss89

No, from what I know she was a indoor cat who got out only a few times.
Maybe then like someone else mentioned she has a favorite spot out there already to have her babies in. Well good luck I hope she has healthy kits.