Questions FIRST TIME Kitten owner

elizwithcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lizk729

Wow thanks that was alot of information.
Why would my youngest be a problem with getting the kitten fixed?
We are getting her at 6 weeks of age. And we made an appt to have her fixed when she will be 9 weeks or close to 10 weeks. They cant get her in any sooner for the surgery and they said I should wait to get the shots at the same time?? Is that a problem? Id rather wait and do it all at once as well. As for declawing Im not sure how I feel on that. Ive read alot of what people have said and Ive read up on it as well and right now we are leaning towards it but we shall see. I have clippers and clip the dogs so we will try hers when she gets her and I got her a good scratching post so if she does Ok and the kids survive it we will not be declawing her. Ive also read about soft paws so thats an option as well. Just undecided right now!
My children are REALly good with animals and we will teach them the right way to hold the kitten.
They actually visit this kitten often and do fine with her.
Oh and for getting her fixed now, the vet said that she would recover quicker now than when shes older and they do it as young as 8 weeks old here.
Ok thanks again.

Liz
Why so young? 6 weeks is a very young age to get a kitten.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lizk729

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I responded to you in the other post so hopefully youll see that but just in case.
lol
I know the kitten is young, but thats the way the owners want it and Like I said Im Ok with it.......many kittens are adopted at this age, weither its the best for them or not....well I think theyd benefit from being with mom longer, but if it cant be at least I know she will be in a loving home with us.

Thanks
Liz