Questions about what kittens may look like

walkingsuperwho

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a calico with blue and orange along with white mittens. I know the tom is a mostly white bicolor with blue patches. Can anyone tell me what the kittens may look like? Also, how soon can I get mama fixed after birth? Thank you.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have a calico with blue and orange along with white mittens. I know the tom is a mostly white bicolor with blue patches. Can anyone tell me what the kittens may look like? Also, how soon can I get mama fixed after birth? Thank you.
Momma is a diluted tortie with white, and some kittens will surely be that too, wholly or in part.

Father carries essentially the same colors, so... there you have the colors.

White is a strong gene, so all will have white patches of one or another sort.   Blue is a diluted black, so they CAN be black if they arnet blue.

Creme is diluted red, so if they arent creme, they will be red.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom can be fixed when the kittens are 8 weeks old.  It's very important that she doesn't go outside or around any intact males until then.  Cats can get pregnant again within a week of delivering and can also have silent heats.

if you start a thread in the kitten forum we'd be happy to answer any other questions that come up!